Labels (1)
0 Kudos
120 Replies
dawn4

Hi Pete,

Welcome!

0 Kudos
robinday61069

I continue to forget this site is here and I'd like to see more people blog here.  I've been smoke-free for SEVEN WEEKS now and am so glad I found this site.  My doctor has been bugging me to quit for a couple of years...Now I'll be able to tell her I have on my next appointment!

0 Kudos
firebabs

Hi I am a 2 year layngeal cancer survivor and decided a month ago that today would be the first day of the rest of my life.  I also have Lupus and 2 months ago I shattered my wrist in a fall and it is not healing like the doctor thinks it should and he said my smoking is one  reason it is not healing as fast as it should.  I am on steroids for the Lupus and that also is a reason for it not healing.  My doctors have been on me for years to quit and I decided now is the time.  I am hoping that this website will help me.  I have tried twice before with no success.

0 Kudos
dawn4

Robin and Firebabs,   Welcome!  

Is everyone going "cold turkey" OR  using aids?? 

If you haven't done so already, consider reading blogs of  those members who have been successful in their quit over time.  I highly recommend that yall stay outta the drama that inevitably raises it's nasty head in here from time to time. 

I have been quit for over 15 months AND the folk in this community have played a significant role in my recovery from Nicotine Addiction.  One day at a time is how this you save your life from this terrible drug and it is well worth it!   

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
firebabs

Day 2 - a bit easier today.  It is 12:30 p.m. and have had 2 smokes.  I am on here now because I really want one and hoping that writing it down will help.  Will let yall know if it did.

0 Kudos
firebabs

Welcome Pete. 

0 Kudos
firebabs

Day 3 better than 1 & 2.  Had 1 at 9:00 a.m. but was up since 6:00 a.m.  Feeling better today, no headache.  Cleaned house all morning and now going for a walk to keep busy.  Good luck to all of us, this IS GOING TO BE OUR YEAR TO QUIT.

0 Kudos
freedom14

I  have just recently completed my cancer treatment for breast cancer.  My major disappointment has been that I was smoke free for 3 years.  I got the cancer diagnoses and lit up.  I know its sound insane but now I am hooked again.  UGG!  I can travel for several weeks and not lit up.  The minute I walk into my garage, I look for cigarettes.  I am having a difficult time getting passed this.

0 Kudos
annebaker2

I'm a cancer survivor--recovering from surgery to remove a lung cancer.I'm a life-long smoker--finally quit  right before the surgery and haven't smoked for 48 days. Don't plan to start again, but I have strong cravings that pop up at unexpected times. Hope your stories will inspire me.

0 Kudos
fablane

Hey all, best of luck to everyone.  I just finished 33 rounds of radiation and 6 weeks of chemo. Now because of the radiation to my upper lung am really haveing a hard time smoking, and have set 2/14 as a quit date.  I have smoked for over 33 years, but really want to live many more years.  My tumor has shrunken from a golf ball down to 1.2 cm from what they told me.

0 Kudos