cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

cheri

COPD

I am so glad to see a COPD group the only other person I know close to me with COPD is my mother and she was told this last year and this is all new for her, she never smoked but her Mother and Brother did and My Dad before they devoriced after 20 years. I have had COPD for about 5 years not have had 1 hospital stay for pneumona and COPD excerbation a few years back. My husband and I quick smoking on 11/23/2008 12:00 am that morning. 1st try for him and 3rd for me.
  Thanks for the group sure needed it
  Happy Thanksgining to all
  Cheri
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
261 Replies

Butterflies, I take Serevent because I can't use the steroids. It's a twice daily similar to Advair but without the steroids. What were you taking for smoking? Weren't you taking Chantix? If you were having side effects, maybe the doc can help you with that. Ask about Pulmonary Rehab. Just remember that anything you doctor gives you for smoking is only going to be an "aide". It's not going to take the cravings completely away for you. All the smoking aids do for you is make them a little more bearable is all. You are still going to get them and you're still going to have to work your quit in some way. Please let us know how we can help you in anyway.
0 Kudos
kellie3

We came to Britt's house about 4 days ago and are watchng Layla while Britt is on a business trip. The first 2 days here I thought were so great ... breathing wise. Last night I awoke unable to take a breath. It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced. It was suffocation. I got out of bed and went to spend the rest of the night on the couch with the airconditioner blowing on me.
  Has anyone ever had this happen? For about maybe 5 or 10 seconds (that felt like hours) I could not take a breath in or out through my mouth or nose. My lungs have been burning like crazy the last couple days and I wonder if this is related?
0 Kudos
webslave

I have to use a fan/AC and have it blowing on me. Why I don't know, but it certainly helps to breathe better! Also have 2 pillows to kinda angle my head upwards.
  I'm waiting to place an order for Chantix. Hope I don't get those side effects "throat closing up" !!
  Best to all and stay healthy !
0 Kudos
webslave

Wanted to share this link about COPD..very informative.

COPD
0 Kudos
kellie3

Well crap!!! (kind of giggling) I was so hoping someone would say, that hardly happens, and will NEVER happen again.
0 Kudos
webslave

Kellie, that did sound odd. Never happened to me, not suddenly as yours did.
  And, hopefully, it will never ever happen again !! lol
0 Kudos
spunkie

Wow what good infomation in your post I am feeling better but not to chattie
  Kellie you will may find the A/C to be your best friend but wait until winter and the cold air will be a problem when you are out side I am praying for all our quits
  Everyone stay well .. SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos

Sorry you had such a horrible side effect Butterflies. Only side effect I had from it was I couldn't sleep, but the doc gave me something for that. Good luck on it Webslave, let me know if you have any questions about it. But make sure you tell your doctor if you feel anything that you aren't comfortable with. And thanks for the link. That's a great site! Kellie, that happened to me only once, but it was because I burned my lungs cleaning up a Clorox spill. My lungs hurt for at least a week afterwards. Scariest feeling I ever had. Hopefully you won't go through that again, but do tell your doc.
0 Kudos
webslave

Hey all and congratulations to the quitters !
  I won't be seeing a doctor for the Chantix. I'm ordering it online from a place the wife and I get our generic prescriptions such as Celebrex, Synthroid, Combivent, etc.
  That's why I'm doing a good bit of reading on the subject. I will be alert to any side effect.
0 Kudos
webslave

Also, on my page is an Exercise for folks with COPD...check it out !!
0 Kudos