cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

rick_ipswich

Bipolar problems

I'm using CBQ method. And all the activity and focus needed for the program kicks off my manic-creative behavior. I feel great cause I have a project and I chain smoke. Anybody have similar experiences? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Barbscloud

@rick_ipswich   Welcome to the Ex.  I just read about the CBQ method for the first time,   Agreed with some statements but not others .  Aids have helped many people quit; everyone is not promoting "willpower" to quit; all quitting sites are not selling anything, etc. 

Read some material all the Ex.   We're quitters that are here to help other people quit.   

We've all quit by different means, so whatever works for you is what's important.   Whatever method you've chosen, we're here to support you.

Can you elaborate what you mean by a "similar experience"

Barb

0 Kudos
RainbowHeart

I too live with bipolar but have never heard of CBQ, sorry. But am totally here for you if you need to chat about quitting and mental health. You might try some grounding exercises when you feel yourself spiraling upward. I know it feels good but you know it also doesn't, if you know what I'm talking about. Are you on meds? If so you may need to talk to your doc about how that relates to quitting smoking. Your brain chemistry changes when you quit so sometimes dosages need to be adjusted.

Great job quitting!

0 Kudos