cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Today's Feasts

Had our first serving of Pesto!!!!  We usually plant much too much Basil.  Planted 3 store bought plants and put in seeds. Basil is really easy to grow from seeds.  But only four plants grew from seeds this time around.  Usually we have an entire 20' row of basil plants.  Much too dry here.  So I'll put in some more seeds.  BUT there were still enough leaves to make our first batch!  It's such an amazing color when it's being processed.  You can also freeze it, I discovered.  And it's a REAL TREAT in the middle of winter, let me tell you!

IMG_8029.JPG

Zucchini is doing fantastic.  Trouble is - Zucchini is so boring to eat!  Sorry dear Zucchini, but I have yet to find a recipe that's mouth watering with you.  Except the Zucchini cake recipe.  And fritter frying the flowers.  That's a taste delight delicacy like no other!

IMG_8028.JPG

The Mesclun lettuce is also doing great.  For you crop gardeners out there, if you want to add some spice to your salads, I highly recommend it.  It's a combo of different spicy greens like from the Cress family, etc.  Really perks up a salad.  

IMG_8024.JPG

Aside from those treats the day lilies are all in bloom here.  This one is truly amazing.  Looks like God took a paintbrush, dipped it in a bit of red and ran his thumb and forefinger across it in a flick to splatter some on the white central part.  I couldn't quite capture it in focus with my 5 pixel camera that's on it's way out but you get the idea.

IMG_7999.JPG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
80 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

I like zucchini, tomatoes, pepper, onions, & mushrooms boiled with Italian seasonings and garlic with a drizzle of olive oil.  Easy, tasty, and healthy!

Giulia

Grilled sounds good.  Boiled with tomatoes et al?  Doesn't it all get kind of mushy?  Jennifer-Quit

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Not if you don't over cook it - would be like ratatouille - lots of variations

Giulia

Ratatouille - ah, yes, I see!

JACKIE1-25-15

I use the zucchini as a substitute for spaghetti noodles. I use the spiral press to make noodles out of them. Dip them in boiling hot water for a few minutes, drain and use with my sauces.

Jennifer-Quit

I do the same Jackie - very tasty!

MarilynH

One of the my sister in laws does this too, I'll have to try it this Fall she grows great Zucchinis. 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Everything looks fabulous Giulia ,I love zucchini bread I've never made it myself but I sure enjoy eating it.

0 Kudos
Posamari

Pesto..Hmmmm..one of my favorite.  I freeze it in ice cube trays then pop them out into baggies.  For critters, you can try medicated powder, like Gold Bond. Sprinkle it around the plants. I sprinkle some in the holes when I plant bulbs because of the moles, etc.

0 Kudos
shashort

Beautiful pics of garden and beautiful lillies.  Thanks all for the ideas of zuchinni will have to try  some especially on the grill and made as noodles. Yay new foods to try. Thanks.

0 Kudos