cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Rooting plants

My Ex, friend Pat aka :. IrishRose sent me this beautiful Oregano plant last year and I am rooting it now to get more and keep it going. I have all sorts of things started now. Forsythia, roses, lilacs, celery, lemon,spinach...etc....in the toilet rolls I have all kinds of stuff started from seeds from peppers to cutting flowers. I have stuff all over the house getting them seeded or ready to transplant later outside. I never use rooting compound cause I never have luck with it....so far everything’s rooting though, Happy Gardening! Below you can see my winter garlic has come up and will be ready to harvest in late June.:)

6CE0899C-C0C0-4529-A19F-5FE377AA8522.jpeg

FCC8C1F2-4D65-480C-B9A0-5E3E84260542.jpeg629D08A6-E9BB-434A-8160-3DEDF0B7B639.jpeg0E09FA5F-5628-47AC-8585-DD31CFD983E4.jpeg9671AFBA-2D4D-4C54-8F1B-CB9100AC094B.jpegD34B4EA4-CBB8-472E-92AE-44EEBD67CB90.jpeg7BB9C020-94EF-4727-AF91-EF5E4168DBD6.jpeg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
49 Replies

I love blooming night jasmine. (not to eat though   )

Mandolinrain

I need t check that one out!

0 Kudos
IrishRose

I have a wall of Confederate Jasmine on my back porch.  It is so thick that birds nest in it, JonesCarpeDiem .

Mandolinrain

Im going to get some and try it! I love finding things for the birds too! I bought 3 dwarf pines today to pot in front of garage between the doors. I hope they will be okay potted? Not sure if they can stay potted or if I have to put them on ground over winter. Anyone know?

IrishRose

Mandolinrain , post a photo of it, so I can see what it looks like.  We have millions of pine trees down here.  We have two paper plants that grow pine trees just so they can cut them down and make paper products.  These pine trees grow real fast, mature in seven to eight years.

0 Kudos

Does it have that wonderful smell at night?

0 Kudos
KMC56

I Live in Michigan, the lilacs are a beautiful scent during day and evening, the smell of spring.  Rose of Sharon, blooms in fall and also is fragrant!!  I have 4 short months of enjoying my plants, so I have invested in my perrinallel to have them time out so that something new is always in bloom...and attracts our precious bees!! 

IrishRose

JonesCarpeDiem ,  oh, it smells beautiful day and night.  The flowers stay on it for a good while.  Here is a photo of the wall, and the second photo is of what the flower looks like.  It is just getting started with bursting out with the flowers.  You can see all the little white blooms just getting ready to explode...

confederate jas wall.JPG

And, this is the flower, which is less than an inch in diameter...

c jas flower.JPG Wish you could get a whiff! 

MarilynH

Looking really good Missy! 

KMC56

I need help on this subject.  Ive done my research on rose of Sharon.  It is a perrinallel, and will be splittinting it, and pruning within the week....if this is NOT correct, please give me some input before any damage I may cause!!

Thanks,  Kathy

0 Kudos