cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Garden planted FINALLY

We have had so much rain, it’s been impossible to workin the yard...which as you can see is still not planted. It needs rock hounded yet. And of course, rain in forecast this weekend. Mulch. Well getting to that soon. Yesterday and today I set all the landscape fabric an dput up fence around garden and began planting. I ache everywhere. Advil’s calling my name as well as some zzzzzzzzz’s. I find It takes a bit longer to do things, but I can still do them

below is the veggie garden contained in the fenced area that I installed today

8C8CFF5D-C834-438B-A4B8-72F7AB968976.jpeg

This pic pic below is a new rose I found at Walmart, called the Miranda Lambert Rose. So pretty.

BCC9850C-C5B9-4D32-8C6A-D2D735BDAE00.jpeg

These are below,  also new roses I found for the front. They are a peach colored driftrose. Anxious to see how they do.

240A3B5C-4107-4702-8A8D-339C2D915B28.jpeg

Another view of front roses:

33137EB8-CBBA-41A5-A29B-F2BCD79A72C5.jpeg

Finally heres an an area I am open to suggestions. The ugly pipes pictured below, CFAB716E-0FB0-4FA0-ADD1-36C0F0BBB43E.jpegare vents for the septic. I did paint them gray but I want to plant something in front of them to hide them and it has to be full sun plants that have SHALLOW root system. Any thoughts are welcome

Lastly, below is the front left corner of house that’s next to side where veggie garden is. I am pooped and going to bed!

Enough planting this week. I’m not looking forward to mulching it all, but that’s nexton the agenda.i babysit the twins tomorrow, so will gladly take the day off from the yard.

A020A264-04B0-4812-A637-1272EB8FF19B.jpeg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
32 Replies
Mandolinrain

That was Cambell, lol.... Cillian is the one who is almost 2 with the rubber snake of his on the floor by him, lol

0 Kudos

They are just so cute!

Mandolinrain

lol thank you and congrats on that 1000 days!!!! 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

They are adorable!  I can understand being exhausted after watching them for a day or two. Smiles!

MichelleDiane

So beautiful...what adorable grandchildren

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I am glad this got mentioned again.  I would have missed it.  That is a lot of work.  Enjoy the fruit of your labor.  MichelleDiane  I just came in for a break from the garden and I am looking for another recipe for the swiss chard.  The swiss chard pie is on top of the list.  I see recipes but I may have to create my own.  Maybe a quiche. 

Sootie

How pretty!

0 Kudos
Giulia

My goodness but you're a busy grandma!  Cuties, all of them.  I'm glad that was a rubber snake.  When I first looked at it I jolted in my mind!

Beautiful.

Do those pipes emit methane?

0 Kudos

And what is the distance in between them?

You might build a BBQ and gazebo there if they don't emit methane.

Put some 2 x 4 foot precast pavers out to it and Bob's your uncle.

0 Kudos