cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Any Gardeners out there?

Unknown-1.jpegSpring arrives in 19 days!!!!!!!

This is a nice group I would like to see take off. Its a magical thing to dig in the dirt and watch seeds develop into a thing of beauty. Just trying to stir some interest for this group. 

I am starting / rooting things inside now. A tad early yes, but some of the things I root stay inside to cut from for recipes.

Gardening is fun .....vegetables, flowers, trees...etc.... also a good 'finger busy' activity when your quitting smoking.

If your new at it start with rooting, so easy and fun for kids/grandkids to watch. If you go to the group called GARDENING LOVERS, you can see my last post /blog with some things I started 4 days ago and then a pic of them today!  Happy Almost Spring Everyone!

Missy

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
84 Replies
Mandolinrain

So lucky. We still have temps cold in the 40's. 20's last night. My lettuce in the window pot still looks good though and I started basil sage and few other things inside that are just awaiting warmer ground to go to

0 Kudos
Giulia

My lettuce in the wee pots - the center part turns black and dies.  Did yours do that?  Cabbage & Anise is looking good, as is the green leaf lettuce.  But the Romaine looks awful.  

Mandolinrain

my celery looks really good. Did your have good established roots before you potted it? It takes awhile but once the roots are several inches long and several of them...then I pot or plant it. Our ground it so cold yet, so no garden yet. Am still determining where to even put it. Hard to tell until we have leaves on the trees here and where the shade will be casted./ My romaine also looked bad and got pitched

0 Kudos
Giulia

YUM!

JACKIE1-25-15

Giulia‌, my lettuce over grew itself to fast and died.  The celery is still  flourishing.  I am waiting to follow the leader Mandolinrain‌. lol Tomorrow morning I will start planting seeds.  Planted lettuce seed last week. 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

This is left over lettuce from fall garden. Because of the rain last week it just shot right up.  Saving for a salad. 

Mandolinrain

That lettuce looks amazing!!! Our winters are to cold and it never lives for the next season. Now since we have a new home I still have to figure out where to place the garden. I wish it was warm enough to plant but I normally wait until a week after Mothers Day to be safe. Meanwhile my celled is still doing well in the pot. If your ground is warm...I would go ahead and harden off the potted celery during the day outside and after 3-4 days..plant it  Thats how i do it anyway.

I have a hard time keeping water plants alive. WATER!! Lol. I have an air plant that has survived

Mandolinrain

I got an air plant not long ago. Some of the tips of it are turning brown. How often do you soak it in water and for how long? I do it about once a week for f minutes. Maybe am not doing it long enough?

0 Kudos

Well, I don’t know if you want plant survival tips from me, lol, but the lady who gave it to me said to soak it in water once a week for 30 minutes. I’ve had it about 6 months now.  So far so good.