cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

WEEKLY TRIVIA FOR 12.14.2021

WELCOME TO THE NEWEST GAME OF TRIVIA

trivia image.jpg

BESIDES THE U.S., WHAT TWO COUNTRIES DO NOT USE THE METRIC SYSTEM?

1.North Korea and Libya

2. Bahrain and Mongolia

3. Myanmar and Liberia

4. Malta and Laos

ENJOY THE GAME! 

ANSWER TO LAST WEEK'S QUESTION: JAPAN

"If you want to be in business for a long time, you should choose an industry that’s going to last. And since Kongo Gumi is in the business of building Buddhist temples, it has managed to sustain operations in Japan since 578 CE. Headquartered in Osaka, the company was founded by a Korean immigrant commissioned to build a temple in Japan by Prince Shotoku. That engineer went on to found his own company, Kongo Gumi, which spent the next several centuries constructing countless temples. In 2006, Kongo Gumi was acquired by construction conglomerate Takamatsu following a downturn in the overall Japanese economy, so technically it’s no longer family-operated. But it can still boast a pretty incredible corporate resume — the Takamatsu website cites that “Kongo-Gumi boasts more than 1,400 years of corporate history working exclusively on temples and shrines [sic] architecture.”

Source: Slate | Date Updated: November 22, 2021

TO REVIEW YOUR LAST WEEK'S ANSWER, CLICK HERE: WEEKLY TRIVIA FOR 12.07.2021 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I know two of the four definitely use metrics, and of the two left, it's a toss-up.

I will, however, go with Myanmar (I LOVE that name) and Liberia....because I love the name "Myanmar!"

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@YoungAtHeart  Thanks for playing Trivia again this week! 😊

0 Kudos
tracy0924

I know Liberia doesn’t so it must be 3. Myanmar and Liberia!!

Tracy
0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@tracy0924  Thanks for playing Trivia!  🙂

minihorses

I'm also going with Mayanmar and Liberia.  

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@minihorses  Thanks for playing Trivia 😊

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

Hello Suzy 

CONGRATULATIONS a Day Early on your 100 Days of Smoke Free Living.

This week's question is a no brainer. I can't tell you how many times I've been to the Liberia checking out books looking up info,or studying for school. I've been in Liberias all over my county and they all had the same temperature in Fahrenheit.  Now I know De Mar Road is close to where I live and I'm wondering if Myan Mar Road is close by.   I'll get back to you on the road

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@Cousin-Itt  Once again Carl you have brought happy and audible chuckles to my day. Thank you for that.

I also have made many trips to many Liberias over many. many years of life and even served as a Liberian in the small town in upstate northern New York where we raised our kids and near where I now live. 

However, you have left yourself out on the limb with your non-clarified answer and in order to qualify for playing the game, you will have to post your choice as to which two countries listed are non-metric. 

Fortunately, you have five days to do so. 😊

Really hope to hear back from you in time!! 

~Suzy xox

0 Kudos
Sootie

WE don't use the metric system...do we???? Well, at least I don't!!!!

Anyway.....I have no earthly idea......

So---total guess Bahrain and Mongolia

0 Kudos