cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

TRIVIA GAME FOR THE WEEK OF 05.17.2022

WELCOME TO THE NEWEST GAME OF TRIVIA

trivia image.jpg

WHICH OF THESE CLASSIC ROCK BANDS IS NAMED AFTER A P.E. TEACHER?

1. Lynyrd Skynyrd

2. Jefferson Airplane

3. Bachman-Turner Overdrive

4. Foghat

Thanks to Quiz Daily (and The Guardian) for the question and the answers.

ENJOY THE GAME!

Answer to last week's quiz: Nacre

"Pearls are formed when mollusks deposit a substance called "nacre" on irritants to their soft mantles — the structure containing their organs. It was long believed that grains of sand were the typical catalysts for pearl formation, but more recent research finds that most pearls are formed around parasites; mollusks such as oysters are perfectly capable of excluding sand from their shells. When a parasite does invade, the organism sets about coating it with nacre, sometimes as many as four extremely thin coats a day, thus protecting its delicate body from damage by the intruder. Nacre is made of calcium carbonate, the same material that makes up the outer shell. Nacre also lines the shells of many species of mollusk and accounts for their strength — its wavy, irregular structure slows the progress of cracks. The organization of the calcium carbonate and chitin layers diffracts light, accounting for the shimmering quality of both pearls and the interior of some mollusk shells.

Source: Chemistry World | Date Updated: March 7, 2022"

All six of you players chose the correct answer. I, on the other hand, chose the answer Abalone. Wondering how I went wrong, I googled abalone and found out that abalone is "an edible mollusk of warm seas, with a shallow ear-shaped shell lined with mother-of-pearl and pierced with a line of respiratory holes.

So, in my "defense," I will give myself  "partial credit" for the mother of pearl lining, lol.

To review your last week's answer, click here:  TRiVIA-GAME-FOR-5-10-2022 

Labels (1)
15 Replies
minihorses

Lynyrd Skynyrd.  The metal-head knows her bands 😁

Julie

SuzyQ411

@minihorses  Thanks for playing Trivia this week. Great to see you here 🙂

Mcj7712

I’ll say Jefferson airplane because I feel like it’s not the answer but then it is lol 

YoungAtHeart

I have NO idea  - but would find it funny if it were somehow  Lynyrd Skynyrd, so that'll be my guess.

SuzyQ411

@YoungAtHeart  Thanks for playing Trivia again this week 😊

SuzyQ411

Thanks for playing Trivia! Great to see you here 🙂 @Mcj7712 

RainbowHeart

I also think somebody named Lynyrd Skynyrd would be cute, so that is my guess as well.

Snowdoggie

@SuzyQ411 I'm going with Lynyrd Skynyrd. It just looks like it would be a P.E. teacher's name.

Sootie

I WISH it would be Bachman Turner Overdrive----because THAT would be a cool name for a gym teacher...."Mr. Bachman Turner Overdrive, may I be excused from gym today?"

However, it's Lynyrd Skynyrd.