TRIVIA GAME FOR 4.19.2022

WELCOME TO THE NEWEST GAME OF TRIVIA

trivia image.jpg

WHICH SPECIES HAS THE BIGGEST NEWBORNS?

1. Polar Bears

2. Giraffes

3. Elephants

4. Blue Whales

(Question and answers provided by Quiz Daily)

ENJOY THE GAME! 

Answer to last week's quiz: TAD

A tad is the largest of the measuring amounts listed. 

In actuality, " tad = 1/8 teaspoon. dash = 1/16 teaspoon. pinch = 1/24 teaspoon. smidgen = 1/32 teaspoon."

Also, " Many cooks would tell you that it won’t matter whether you use a tad, dash, pinch, or smidgen. All you’ll do is add a bit of flavor, regardless of the exact amount. When so little of an ingredient is needed, the exact amount is irrelevant.'

" When it comes to larger measurements of key ingredients, careful measurement can make a much bigger difference. Pay attention to how many tablespoons and cups of sugar, flour, and cornmeal a recipe calls for! But don’t sweat the small stuff. A tad, dash, or smidgen isn’t going to hurt anything."

So, thankfully, that must be why these amounts are not even mentioned in current day recipes. 

(The above information comes from various online sources as I actually lost the original Trivia game 😲)

To review your last week's answer, click here:  TRIVIA-GAME-FOR-4-12-22 

** Thanks to all who played Trivia last week **

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I have actually seen (on TV) all but #4 and they weren't that big of a deal, so I am going to guess #4, Blue Whale (which, for some reason, I haven't seen 😎)

As far the answers to the questions contained in your blog,  a gob must be more than a smidgeon, since that is the smallest measurement it lists.  AND - you LOST last week's game?  amIright?

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

Thanks @YoungAtHeart for being a "regular" at playing Trivia 😊 My answers to the two additional "challenges"  🤔 will also be included in next week's post ...

0 Kudos
Snowdoggie

@SuzyQ411 I'm going to guess #2) giraffes.  Read on the link that gob came from the word gobbler and originally meant a gob of meat...so I guess you got a "cup" full. Good post. Gob is way more than a smidgen.😀

0 Kudos
Snowdoggie

Well, that was supposed to read "goblet" but spell check changed it to "gobbler".

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@Snowdoggie  Darned that spell check, eh? Thanks for playing Trivia this week!!   Appreciated your comments on "gob", as well  🙂

0 Kudos
Sootie

I missed last week's game ( I feel like I missed all of last week!) 

I am going to guess giraffe because I "feel" like I remember it from the zoo........BUT, it might be wrong because the zoo trip I remember it from was my son's class trip in first grade. He turns 40 in June so my memory MAY be a bit foggy.

Thanks for the game @SuzyQ411 

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@Sootie "Welcome back" to Trivia. Thanks for playing . 😊 My kids' classes always went to the zoo in kindergarten and I was a helper-Mom for all three trips, the first of these being almost 55 years ago.

It's true that in just a blink of the eye, the years fly by. And, my memory is definitely a bit foggy, lol 😊

0 Kudos
Braided

I’m going to guess elephant.  I am

not sure if there is a trick in asking “what species” and not listing any specific species among the answers. Maybe I’ve played too many word games with my grand nephews.  

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@Braided  Welcome to Trivia. Thanks for playing 😊 BTW, your comment on "species" was very thought-provoking: good point!

0 Kudos