cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

TRIVIA GAME FOR 4.12.22

WELCOME TO THE NEWEST GAME OF TRIVIA

trivia image.jpg

WHICH OF THESE COOKING MEASUREMENTS IS THE LARGEST?

1. Dash

2. Pinch

3. Tad

4. Smidgen

(Question and answers provided by Quiz Daily)

Enjoy the game! 

Answer to last week's quiz: Vanilla

"The vanilla orchid originates in Mexico, where it is pollinated in the wild by bees.  Because these bees are not found in Madagascar, the vanilla orchids must be pollinated by hand.  The yellow vanilla flower blooms just one day per year, and is typically open for only a few hours.  Pollination of the flowers therefore requires a great deal of manual labor." (Danwatch)

This is why vanilla is so expensive.

To review your last week's answer click here: TRIVIA-GAME-FOR-04-05-2022 

*** THANKS TO ALL WHO PLAYED TRIVIA LAST WEEK ***

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I am going to guess #3 - a tad  - since it seems (at least to me) like the most inaccurate and maybe it wouldn't matter if it was over a "tad!"

😁

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@YoungAtHeart  Love your reasoning on his one Nancy. Thanks for playing Trivia again this week 😊

Snowdoggie

@SuzyQ411 I'm guessing 3) Tad also.

In response to last week's trivia. Nature is amazing. Who would have guessed vanilla only blooms for one day!

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@Snowdoggie  Thanks for playing Trivia again this week 🙂 I was also amazed with the info on vanilla not only being an orchid, but also how short its life is!!  Can't you just imagine the pandemonium when the flower(s) bloom and the workers rush to attend to the plant(s) in the short window period allowed??

0 Kudos
Mcj7712

I’m gonna say pinch 

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

Thanks for playing Trivia @Mcj7712 . Can you imagine trying to follow a recipe that says add  a smidgeon of this and a dash of that?? Crazy!! 🙂

0 Kudos
RainbowHeart

I'm guessing smidgen, just because I love the word  🙂

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@RainbowHeart  I  love the word smidgen, too! Thanks for playing Trivia 😊

0 Kudos
Snowdoggie

@SuzyQ411 I had an old mountain cookbook that was written just like that. It would say add "some" and "cook until done". Now I am no cook, and even with exact measurements and time and temperatures, I often have inedible meals. I was amazed that that was how recepies used to be written! I threw away the book.😀