cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zona

ok, so I started fat..

I was over weight to start with, but am getting bigger (by the minute it seems). I'm trying not to freak out about it, but WOW, my behind is HUGE!!! I know from previous experience that I wouldn't lose weight just by starting to smoke again, so thats something. I'm not smoking, that's the main thing right now.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
vickie5

Me too
0 Kudos
lana3

I hope you are still hanging in there. There are alot of us with the same problem. I used cigarettes for weight control for 40+ years. Now I am trying to do it without them. I have not smoked in over 7 mo. but have gained 20 lbs. I work out everyday. I hate to think what I'd weigh if I didn't.
0 Kudos
cindy-o.

Hi Zona, I feel ya! I think I am gaining just by looking at, thinking of, or smelling food. I have relapsed because of weight gain in past attempts of quitting, but I was not a member of Become An EX then on this web-site. I was overweight when I quit this time, six days ago, so I bought a second hand exercise machine, it is a free style gazelle, which is not hard on my joints, since I have osteo, the bone disease and Arthur is always present too. I am working that machine 4o minutes five days a week, and drinking a gallon of water a day, cause not only does the water flush, it also will take alot of the hunger pains away, another helpful hint I have discovered, when I feel the hunger pains, after drinking the water, I go get buzy doing whatever, and they go away, but if I sit on my fat behind, I will eat. I am so glad there is always a soup sale on somewhere, chunky or progresso, because that is a meal in itself, and helps keep the fat off. I have pledged to not smoke today, I think I will pledge no matter what, I pledge not to eat the fattening junk food, cookies, candy, icecream, nor to drink pop, regular or diet, I have learned diet pop will keep me from dropping weight. I want to be healthy in all areas. I have alot to make up for, from smoking all those years, over 30 something. We can do it!!! Cindy Overley
0 Kudos
bike-run-hike

The average weight gain for non smokers has been scientifically proven to be only 8 pounds. You need vitamin c and calcium with d. try acai beery. It takes horrible but curbs the appetite. Also, water with lemon. You need to get rid of the toxins in your body. I have actually lost weight. I can help if you want it. Blessings on the best venture of the rest of your life.
0 Kudos
cindy-o.

Hi, my name is Cindy, I would love for your help, you wrote you have actually lost weight, that is incredible, please share your experience, I am all ears.......
0 Kudos
lana3

I am all ears , too. Please share!
0 Kudos
lois2

I am going to pledge not to smoke if i gaine weight' water with lemon juice. going to do that THANKS bike run hike.
0 Kudos
sue13

Hey Zona,
Guess I'm in that boat with ya. I read on the i-net (can't quote site, went to sooo many) that smoking 1 pack of cigarettes burns 200 calories. Add that to your metabolism slowing down because nicotine stimulates it. There's my huge gut. Understanding why and being there living it is two different animals. I had my day of reckoning a couple of days ago when I tried on some of my last year summer clothes. But the good news it that someone actually replied to my blog and said that after 6 mths of quitting she went to weight watchers and lost some lbs. So thats the good news. I am gonna just take this one step at a time. I will try to be as active as I can and deal with the rest later.
0 Kudos
lana3

Hey Sue, I did not know that smoking only burned 200 extra ccalories a day. OMG. My huge gut must be coming from all the stuff that I am eating that I know I shouldn't. I have said on here before that I don't do it in the day time, but in the evening I eat stuff I don't really even like. I crave sweets. Two nights ago I ate some miniature marshmallows right out of the bag!!!! I, too have no summer clothes to wear unless I get control of my growing gut. I weighed 131 when I quit, I have gained a little over 20 lbs.
0 Kudos