cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
candylance

What to do on days that you want to snack, snack, snack!!

Yesterday I hit my 130 and left NML today. Yesterday on day 130 I was sooo depressed or I probably say down in the dumps, I snacked all day. Didn't eat one meal except for breakfast and drank at least 4 diet sodas. (Iusually limit myself to 2). I don't know what happened except I want to start working out again and the doctors won't let me because of my back. Think i'll go back anyway. I had lost 2 pounds but after yesterdays's snack-a-thon, I only lost half a pound at Sunday weigh in. I think i should have left the house. Anyway the damage is done and I plan on chewing sugar free gum whenever I get the munchies.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
ShawnP

I do know what you both mean. It's very hard to "diet". Food is what our bodies live on. There is some recipes I already tried from spark people the last time i did this. Yep i am a serial dieter. The first step is to admit it, right? lol I will post some recipes in other discussion that i have collected.

@ Moody-the problem i have always struggled with is not eating enough. When i was on WW, omg all the food i had to force myself to eat. I did lose some weight but nowadays, i don't have interest in food. It exists and i eat but not much. My body is always going into starvation mode plus i have problem getting my water in. So i guess am dehydrated too. Some of the food i do get into is the wrong stuff as well. I think i lost a pound, i weighed myself on one of the drs scales yesterday at work. I do my weigh in for you guys on sunday plus the weigh in for that dietbet that i joined. I was going to say i hope i can do it but like i tell people on Ex here, no hope, i will do it!

0 Kudos
candylance

Positive quititude!!! Quit eating ALL junk food. Hubby keeps snacks around, and I'm trying to avoid. My biggest mistake in my QUIIT was using Blow Pops. 60 calories each and I got 2 cavities. Trying not to enjoy sweet stuff so much. Wait until i get my bill from my dentist!! Should've used sugar free gum like NOW. Better late than never!!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

i posted 2 recipes, check them out. Sweets but are low calories and healthy. We dont have to deprive ourselves just found ways to make in lower in calories and fat.

0 Kudos
beamer20

After meeting with a fitness trainer I learned some very interesting things about losing weight.  Strength training is 50%, cardio is 40% and nutrition is 10%.  I have to add 10lbs. of muscle to my weight loss plan and strength train 3 xs a week.  I feel pumped about this and encouraged.  I would say that I can eat healthy, but I have those times where I reach for that burger or nachos.  I was able to give up the beer and I only drink water with each meal...

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Nutrition only 10%? oh no. I am sore as it is from work. i can't imagine pulling anymore muscles. Will see what i can work into my routine. Thanks for the info

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Hi, I've not had much to add to this but have been reading.    Yesterday at the grocery store I'm trying to be "good" but looking at cookies, candy, etc.   and then I remembered what my sister and I did almost every day when we were on WW.   Take a small container (or 2) of sugar free jello, smash it with a fork and add Free Cool Whip to mix up into a delicious dessert.        It is sweet, lets you do hand to mouth and almost zero calories.     I bought the stuff and will start that today when I want a "sweet fix".        

I am such a crazer......so have to be careful.    Also have green grapes in the freezer now.

Sharon

0 Kudos
candylance

Keep almonds on hand. Great for protein and on TV, THE DOCTORS, said you can eat about 17 a day. I felt like such a pig when we had 'date night'. Went to our favorite restaurant/bar and ate in the bar so that Hubby could smoke. I had steamed mussels in white wine sauce and a side salad. Was stuffed and not even thinking about dessert. The reason, I ate Activia Greek yogurt w/fruit at 4 so felt like I'd already eaten practically. Weighed this morning and had lost another half pound.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I do like almonds.I made wise choices yesterday. I really wanted an Arbys fish after work but beforehand i looked up the calories, 570!!! i ended up picking up yogurt parfait for 150 and Wendys Ultimate Grilled chicken sandwich with honey mustard sauce for 370. Ate more for my calories. I had already recorded everything prior to leaving for work.  I ate 939 out of 1271 calories that i was supposed to eat  and burned 2271. Tomorrow is weigh in! Am Doing WiiFit and walkit out today. Shooting for 10,000 steps.

0 Kudos
candylance

Tomorrow will be interesting at WEIGH IN!! You're doing great, Shawn!! Staying under 1000 calories is great! I have to have 2 injections in my back Monday and will ask the doctor about exercising. Didn't go to the Y as planned. Really don't know about exercising!! I'll ask about PT!!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Not sure of what you can do. Even if its getting up here and there and walking around. Anything is better than nothing. I saw this when i was on spark people. Hoping you can see the video. Its a sit down workout

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/videos-detail.asp?video=42

0 Kudos