Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnP

What are you doing today?

I am behaving today. I already wrote in the other topic 😉

0 Kudos
94 Replies
candylance

I'm behaving!! Had to move my flight to Philly to Wednesday since they're getting more snow. Will it nevet stop?? Anyway, I went to NA and they all think I'm stupid for being there for stopping smoking but I told them it is definitly an adddiction and has changed my brain chemistry. They're like smoking is the only thing they have left since they quit drinking and drugging. This morning the topic was on whether you had evet tried to control whatever substance you were addicted to. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to control my smoking and I admitted to them that I had been in another program and had 5 years of clean time. (AA) Great meeting!!

Thanks, Shawn for making me feel better about my binge day!!

0 Kudos
moody_9-18-13

Candy, we had a young woman on the site a couple of months ago that was going to NA and she said quitting smoking is tougher than quitting the drugs because she felt like she had quit drugs and drinking, so smoking was the only thing she had left. I had many private messaging times with her and I think she just wasn't ready to quit smoking. She could only quit a couple of days and then she was right back to smoking...hope she'll come back soon.

Don't get yourself caught in a snowstorm in Philly! I am sooooo sick of cold weather!

0 Kudos
Polynha

Going  for a bike ride today.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Signed up today for DietBet!     I'm open to any and all suggestions Shawn!   Anyone else here doing this?

Sharon

0 Kudos
Polynha

@Sharon: I am tempted to do it but still a little afraid to get too stressed about it and jeopardize my quit, when your group will start?

0 Kudos
candylance

I'm staying with Livestrong.com!! They predict what i'll weigh by what I eat. Today i'm staying put because we had an icestorm and now they are predicting snow on top. No snow so far, thank goodness. I'm having frozen yogurt for dessert tonight!! YAY!! I have already put it in My Dinner on Livestrong.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

My suggestion is get that exercise and water in!! i am calculating this week but not exercising alot. Just doing my normal at work. Full throttle next week that way i hope to get a good loss in that week to start after weigh in.

Candy, predict what you will weigh? elaborate on that. Is that like my meter on fitbit?

0 Kudos
candylance

I don't know, Shawn! Everytime I put in my weight on the graph, it shows in orange, then they put a little dotted line in blue that shows what they expect you to weigh in two days. They were wrong again today because I gained a pound.

Will finish packing for my trip to Philly today. We got a nice ice storm yesterday then two inches of snow on top. I think I should have waited until April.

Candy   d175

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Polyana.....new group starts on 3/11.     And I've got my meal plans done on Spark People for the next few days.     I want to get the water, meal plan momentum going and then will push the walking/moving.      I tend to be an all or nothing kind of gal and I don't want to do that with this.

Shawn....I'm going to work more on my profile for DietBet so will add you then.

Question:   Who weighs everyday and who weighs only on weigh in Sunday?

Sharon

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Good morning ya'll!

Candy that sounds interesting. Fitbit predicts my calorie burn - 1,000 deficit for a 2lb weight loss a week and that equals my calories for the day. If i exercise more, calories are added to my day.I record manually my exercise but my fitbit syncs with the site on my steps.

Sharon are you doing the meal plans for spark people? if so,  how does that work? i never did that there just record my food. I don't even record my exercise there. It will be interesting to see how each of the plans work and to see what is effective. 

I weigh in 2x a week when i am on dietbet. One for  here and 1 for there. Too much on scale, you get discouraged.  I may just record on both on Sundays.

After being off dietbet a week, I have noticed my ambition is less. That bet really keeps me on track cause i don't want to lose.

0 Kudos