Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnP

What are you doing today?

I am behaving today. I already wrote in the other topic 😉

0 Kudos
94 Replies
candylance

I've been walking for twenty minutes at 2MPH (can't go any faster w/o falling)!! Have to leave for Durham to get 2 injections, one on either side of my lower spine. Will drink my Vitamin waters while gone. It's an hour and a half trip each way. Hope this helps the pain. The doctor said it wouldn't help the pain in my feet. (nerve damage) It's going to be a great day!!

Candy    5 MONTHS today YAY!!!

0 Kudos
LouiseR

Went to the rec center and did 15 minutes(1 mile)on an elliptical machine then walked 1 mile on the track then swam 10 laps.  Knee seems to be holding up.  Today I am going to the rec center and just walk the track for 2 miles and do some laps in the pool.  Congrats Candy on 5 months!!!

0 Kudos

Candy: Congrats on 5 months and congrats on the walking. I so understand about the speed.

Saturday (My trip to Orlando): The good news is I drunk more than 8 glasses of liquid. The bad news is at least half that liquid was in the form of alcohol. However, I did a lot of walking. I discovered something new about my after-stroke self when we went to Margaritaville @ Universal. I can no longer ride moving walkways. They totally throw off my balance and equilibrium (this was prior to the alcohol) so I got off as soon as possible and walked/climbed stairs the whole way. I had a small breakfast but I ate a Black & Burger with fries at Margaritaville and drunk Margaritas...I probably had 10,000 calories for the day!

Sunday: I think I drunk a jug of water! I just couldn't get enough of it. I took in a lot of calories again 😞 We stopped at Long John Silvers on the way home, we don't have them where we live, and it's all deep fried food. We also stopped at a large outlet mall so I did get my 30 minutes of walking in. I was worn out by the time we got home so what did I cook for dinner? Cheeseburgers & Fries!

Today: Today is what I refer to as one of my "bad" day where my post stroke symptoms are very noticeable. My arm and leg feel like cement and my vertigo is keeping my balance a little off. In other words, my body is telling me that I over did and had to much fun on Sat & Sun. On days such as this, I have no business walking anywhere so I've spent my day in the chair with my legs up. I hope tomorrow brings a day of normal again. I did meet my 8 glasses of water and I ate healthy/low calorie food today.

0 Kudos
promise_judy

Just stop by to check how everone is doing. I am so impressed! You are all doing just great.

My legs are too sore today to walk a lot but over the weekend I had so many things going on at work (up and down 7 fights of stairs, 7 times) that by the time Monday came I just feel like both my legs are dead weight. Between the elevators going out in 5 of the buildings and a fire alarm I think I deserve a rest today. LOL

Judy

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Glad you had a fun time Marilyn. 10,000 calories, Oh My! i can't even fanthom that lol. Glad you are back on track now 😉

Judy!! you have a pic, lovely!!! thats alot of flights. Not sure how my knees would it. I did do 11, 783 steps today but didnt get in my aerobics.

0 Kudos
candylance

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13

We are snowed and iced IN!! Can't go anywhere because the layer of ice on 8 inches of snow is supposed to be joined by more snow this afternoon. I blew my calories yesterday when I went to lunch with a friend. Trying to make up for it today. I'm scared it's going to mess up the Sunday weigh in. Grapes and carrots!! Not much fun on a snow day!! I'd rather be baking.

@Judy  Love the new avatar. I am proud of all your exercise and YES, you deserve a day of rest!!lol!!

0 Kudos
moody_9-18-13

Thursday 2/13/14:

Candy, since we're snowed in, I think we have 12 inches of snow, expecting another 2 or 3 inches tonight. Hubby is outside shoveling down the snowpile at the end of our driveway that was left by the snowplows a bit ago.

So, looking at the situation outside, we may be home on Friday also....it makes me want comfort food too, like mashed potatoes! 🙂

I weighed this morning and I'm down 5 pounds total since starting this almost 5 weeks ago. I'm not doing anything different, except I changed to no fat yogurt for breakfast and a piece of fruit, like a banana or apple. Lunch is now lowfat soup and I quit eating any bread. I do allow myself about 5 saltines with my soup for lunch. No fried foods, only lean meat at dinner, lots of vegetables, no starches.

My weight is not going down very fast at all, but my clothes are no longer tight, they fit, but they used to be loose, so I still have a ways to go! 10 more pounds...I'm dying to get outdoors and walk! This winter hasn't cooperated at all!

Candy, I have been chatting with another EX member who lives in Lexington, VA. Small world......

Don't go outside, it's slippery out there! 🙂

0 Kudos
ShawnP

@ Candy...don't just eat grapes and carrots. If you starve yourself cause of a few extra pounds, you will only add to that number. Dont forget body goes into dehydration with not enough calories. If you have an outing, plan ahead and let that be main meal and just fruit and veggies for remainder of day or something like that.

0 Kudos
LouiseR

Hi All, hubby and I are going to the rec center tonight and I'll walk 3 miles on the track then do some laps in the pool.  Still having some problems with my left knee but it is getting better.  Happy Valentines Day to all!

0 Kudos
candylance

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14

Fell again this morning and knocked the breath out of me. On oxygen and am better now. Have had all of my water plus some. Sticking closely today and yesterday. Have to figure out supper. Have about 790 calories left to burn. Right now  I'm going back to bed. Valentine wishes to everyone. Love ya!!

Candy    d157

0 Kudos