cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dominasayes

Two weeks from my quit date. Anyone else? Let's do it together!

Hi Ex's,

I'm Amy. I'm 2 weeks from my quit date and am preparing by monitoring my triggers and cigarettes, finding and preparing a fitness program, and planning a two-week hike staring on my quit date to start off strong.

I'd love to hear for others who are heading down the same path...

Blessings,

DS

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
alligator22

Hi Amy! My quit date is 2 weeks from today, so only a couple days after you! I like the idea of monitoring triggers. I'm planning on finding some patches and lozenges to maybe try and wean off before my quit date. 

Caridad

• I had an original quit date of March 17 but slipped. I am cigarette free now as of 5 minutes ago and am trying to stay that way. Some psychological triggers keep coming my way giving me the inclination to smoke. I am trying to surpass that
  •  Any ideas.thanks 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

What matters is that you pick yourself and get right back on it! You got this!

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

@Caridad Happy to hear you haven't given up.  Have you been reading material on the site?  There are lots of suggestions to deal with physical and psychological triggers.  A tool that worked for many quitters is exercise, especially walking. When  craving hit, I would just walk out the door and go for a few blocks through the day.  It's a great way to refocus your thoughts and get the added boost of dopamine lost from quitting.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

And don't forget to join us on the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay accountable to your quit.

100 Things to do instead of smoke - EX Community

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos