cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnP

Shawn's journey

Well where do i start? I love to cook and bake when I have time. I am an extreme couponer so I am always stocking up on something that most likely isn't always good for me. With the price of food these days, its hard to feed an army of guys. So you have to do what you have to do. Its pricey to buy all  fresh meats, vegetables and fruits all the time.  I can't say I am in love with food. I just eat to get by. When i used to smoke, i smoked and hardly ate which helped me to maintain my weight even though i wasn't at a healthy weight, still am not either. I used to eat once a day and my mom would always scold me and tell me that i need to eat 3x a day that i am putting my body into starvation mode. I know thats not how i got this way in my teenage years but it might be the scenario dating back 20 yrs ago to present. I have tried quite a few diets but never stuck with them cause i get discouraged when i hit plateaus.  I have done everything from Adkins, mayo and WW.  I had put on about 30 lb after i quit smoking and also after i tried my moms diet from her dr. Not sure what happened but i went the opposite way of what i was supposed to go immediately when i started hers. I know i am close to mid 40's now and going through some changes. I was able to lose that 30 when i had one day decided to order a fitbit zip and start tracking my food. I feel naked when i dont have my zip. Its on me 24/7. I really love it cause i have become more energetic with it. I dont really have an exercise plan besides walking.  When the weather warms up, i will get to the parks daily. I also get my steps in at work too. I do cleaning so i am always all over the place 🙂 Although the weight isnt coming off as it used to,  i think its cause my body has adapted to my night routine. I just started a new diet today from the book "the miracle metabolism" by Diane Kress. So day 1 is almost over and 2 more to go. You have to go through a withdrawal period of 3 days. Sound familiar to when we stopped smoking? So bear with me if i get cranky LOL. I will update you along the way. My journal, hmmm

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
87 Replies
John10forteen

The scale also does not tell you how good you start to feel, getting rid of the excessive and junky habits. If we ARE healthier + stronger; recognizing, giving and recieving love is a happier and easier thing to do.

The scale can steal your positive healthy feeling, only if you put it on a pedestal.

Love yourself, not your scale.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Hi Shawn, I finished my Easter chocolate the day before yesterday. I couldn't stop because it was after 3pm and I just had to finish it up. I know how you feel. no more in the house for me either.

My wife and I like those "Snickers" commercials so I would keep a bag of mini Snickers around, so we could say to each other when getting agitated, "Here, have a snickers, your not being yourself". But I ate the whole bag and decided not to buy anymore.

Your doing great Shawn. I am really really sorry your first intrduction to seaweed was "canned". NOT A FAIR jugement . It's so beneficial, Textureal, flavorful, Variety and on + on. OMG This minute on TV is, "Iron Chef America" the Secret Ingrediant is......... you guessed it..... Seaweed!!! (for real)

Gotta go, you are doing awesome without the seaweed. It's an aquired thing.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

it was collard greens in the can. I havent had seaweed yet. My son tried it at a japanese buffet.

0 Kudos

Hope you had a wonderful day with your son and his B Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
djmurray

Hi, Shawn -- I just dropped in to say hi, and say I hope you're doing well.  I'm sticking with my healthy eating; the scale isn't dropping but I'm disassociating from that.  I know that I'm eating way better than I ever have before, and that's good enough for me.  If the weight comes off, fine.

I had a miserable day Fitbit-wise yesterday -- only about 2,400 steps.  But today I'm at 5446 so far and I have a few steps left in me.  Baby steps, right?

0 Kudos
ShawnP

We did have a wonderful day today with family. I have been prepping since yesterday and can finally sit down this evening and catch up on everything. I just got through watching the series A.D.  I did get into a little raw cookie dough yesterday as i was making my sons choc chip cookie pizza plus i made a french vanilla cake both with whipped cream frosting. It was very much a temptation today. i did have a nibble to try the cookie cause everybody raved about it.  I made separate food for me and my son. Hes been doing low carbs with me the last few days. I ended up coming home and making that 90 min cheesecake with that whipped cream frosting. It hit the spot. Overall, i am doing good.  

@ Donna, 2400 steps is about a mile. Thats great! the last i heard that you were going to increase slowly. Now to see 5446, thats awesome!!! i get little steps in on the weekend and more during the week. Keep up the great work!

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Nibbling is good, unless it triggers a full blown binge.... but your are stong and did well for yourself. i also had a wonderful family weekend and showed one of my Sister's how to make Oopsie rolls. She liked them a lot, which is good because she's also haveing problems with breads. 

I agree with you Donna, just eating healthy is grand. And I'm feeling much better. Let's keep it up!

(Seawed saga)

I was gonna say I never saw any "canned" seaweed. I'm not pitching seaweed anymore. I discovered "Asian"!!! Looking for a new seawweed store because the little one I went to has since closed. I discovered an Asian community with an Asian SUPERmarket. OOMMGG.... The strangest, wildest healthiest things (and unhealthy things too) and yes they have fresh Darien fruit. 

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Popping in to say Good morning to you! I lost another lb. It was slower this week cause i am starting to fall back in my old ways, not eating and no drinking. The story of my life!!! I know what i need to do but i have been so busy lately that i am just just forgetful. I realize i didnt have breakfast, when i am already on the road and not going to drive thru anywhere. I havent checked out those menus yet for those times i need a quick fix. I know fast food isnt good but i am doing myself worse by not eating as well. Otherwise i am sticking to my new ways of eating 🙂 I visited and read everybodys journey, just don't have enough time to individually comment on each one. Have a great day!!!!

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Don't fall back into old habits. Our greatest enemy is time, Relearning healhty habits, sadly takes more time to learn and implement. That's good your sticking to your guns though, 

Congrats on the weight loss too. hope you have/had a good day.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Shawn - I keep some boiled eggs and maybe some string cheese ready to grab and go for a quickie breakfast.  Congrats on losing another pound!

0 Kudos