cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Journey to "Back to Healthy"

Well I'm 53 and I quit smoking on 12/28.  The next week I went out and bought a fitbit to get me moving more so I would keep control of the weight gain.  I am as of this morning 161.  When I started my quit back on 12/28 I was 155.  I am not looking for skinny I have no desire for that at all.  With my walking I have had some issues with my knees and hips and know if I can get down 10 pounds I will be able to move easier.  

I know you might think 10 pounds is easy peasy.  It's not for me.  I have always been able to control my eating at night.  It is just a habit to eat small at dinner and nothing else period.  I brush my teeth and even if I go to bed a little hungry that's OK.  

Even though this has controlled my weight to a certain point I eat a lot during the day and don't have much control over it.  I stress eat and geeze do I have a lot of stress at work.  I have started walking 3 times a day at work and two of the walks are small walks but they do help and distract me.

I really want to cut back slowly I would totally fail if I tried something like you are doing Donna.  I just don't have that much control with food.  Still Matcha tea free but once I get it I will happily report on how it is.  

PS:  did not do any cut back today on food but did get at 5:45PM 8,515 steps so did not get my 10,000.  Once it warms up I can do a little walking in the evening but too cold still.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
163 Replies
djmurray

You're really inspiring me to get the FitBit, Bonnie -- Kohl's sells it and I'm waiting for a 30% off coupon to get it there.  I am certain that keeping track of that will really help me get away from this computer!!  Honestly, when I get home from work at night (usually about 6 - 6:30) I change clothes, sit down at the computer, make dinner, eat in front of the computer, turn on the tv next to  my computer, and during that time I check facebook and this site, and my personal email.  How I manage to get to 10 or 11 without even realizing it is very strange.  But I live alone, and while I have a lovely condo, I don't want to get into bed when I get home (in either of the bedrooms) and I just am not as comfortable sitting in the living room by myself.  So I'm in my den, in front of the computer and the tv just about every night.  As I said in my own living room this evening I need to walk early in the mornings, because by the time I get home from work I'm generally too tired to do it.

It just goes to show you -- I wll be doing a crazy happy dance when I get down to 161!!  I do not say this to minimize your desire for losing weight at all -- it's just that we all have our own perspective. 

0 Kudos

I understand and one of the girls I walk with at work is 65 and I get it.  One of the things that pushes me so hard is my Mom.  She is 85 and the last two to three years she has really gone down hill.  She started getting bad when she stopped moving.  She played golf 4 days a week up until a few years ago.  

She got sick and started getting on medication and she just has not been the same.  Her dimentia just gets worse every year.  I truly think that keeping active is a key to keeping this horrible thing at bay.  

I LOVE the Kohls 30%.  If you get one of the walk videos I would advise the first one I mentioned and you can get at Walmart for $9.00.  I just can't think of her name off hand but she is cooky as heck.  It is something you would be able to do and is only 15 minutes and you can do what you can and it's all just in one spot.  Her laugh is so annoying it cracks you up.

The one I put on here above is OK but not as good as the other one.  

We are all here to help each other out and it already is,  I am now am accountable to Donna, John and Ellen.  

0 Kudos
John10forteen

I like the idea of the fitbit too. It seems like it could easily put a fun challenging twist on things.

I'm glad & hope you are too Bonnie , that you are holding steady on the lighter side. Good Job!

0 Kudos

Didn't do that bad on the scale this morning after having my hungry day yesterday.  161.2 so not that bad.  Today they bought us pizza at lunch.  Now I know city people think nothing of getting pizza, heck you can get it delivered at any time or stop anywhere.  Where I live there is no delivery and the closest town (which is small) is 11 miles away.  So when they give us pizza for lunch I am going to partake.  

Not to mention we had lunch later than normal so my cube mate went to McDonalds and got me a small fry.  

I might not report my weight in the AM but I did have fun:):).  7,849 steps at 5:35.

0 Kudos
elvan

You might be pleasantly surprised that your weight stays the same, but you can keep it a secret if you want, LOL.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

What kind of pizza? I never take pizza for granted. I just take it. 

0 Kudos

I think it was Papa Johns.  It was good they had these garlic balls that were awesome!!  Actually did not do that bad this morning 161.2.  But I also did not eat much after lunch.  Having fun with a friend today while my husband is going to a farm sale with his brother.  

Have a great one everyone we are not only getting fabric but we are going to the outlet mall which I have not been to in a few years.  

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Hey, Ellen was right! YAY. I read somewhwere you'all talking about quilting. My sister is a big quilter, She had a business with classes and all, now does private stuff out of the house. She has one of those long arm machines in the her basement. She's good and loves it too. Have fun with the fabric shopping.

0 Kudos
djmurray

Hi, Bonnie -- just stopped in to say hello.  Sounds like you're doing well and I hope you have a great day shopping (I LOVE to shop). 

0 Kudos

We had so much fun.  We have been going to her for a lot of years and she would hold classes in her house and she sold the fabric in her basement.  She has decided to retire so she is selling all of her fabric for $3.00 a yard.  Quiltshop fabric is very expenses and I actually get most of it online and John make sure to tell your sister about thousandsofbolts.com.  This is where I normally get my fabric since I love quilt shop fabric but it's just too expensive at quilt shops.  

With what I spent I got 55 yards today but I don't think I will ever get it for this price again in my lifetime so we had a blast.  

I don't have a long arm but want to get one eventually.  

Back to eating I did not do good today I was with a friend who really eats bad almost all the time.  Tomorrow I will be out doing yard work so will make up for some of it . Also have to start on a baby quilt for a friend at work.  

Have a great one I am going to go to bed tonight and dream of all of my fabric.  

0 Kudos