cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Journey to "Back to Healthy"

Well I'm 53 and I quit smoking on 12/28.  The next week I went out and bought a fitbit to get me moving more so I would keep control of the weight gain.  I am as of this morning 161.  When I started my quit back on 12/28 I was 155.  I am not looking for skinny I have no desire for that at all.  With my walking I have had some issues with my knees and hips and know if I can get down 10 pounds I will be able to move easier.  

I know you might think 10 pounds is easy peasy.  It's not for me.  I have always been able to control my eating at night.  It is just a habit to eat small at dinner and nothing else period.  I brush my teeth and even if I go to bed a little hungry that's OK.  

Even though this has controlled my weight to a certain point I eat a lot during the day and don't have much control over it.  I stress eat and geeze do I have a lot of stress at work.  I have started walking 3 times a day at work and two of the walks are small walks but they do help and distract me.

I really want to cut back slowly I would totally fail if I tried something like you are doing Donna.  I just don't have that much control with food.  Still Matcha tea free but once I get it I will happily report on how it is.  

PS:  did not do any cut back today on food but did get at 5:45PM 8,515 steps so did not get my 10,000.  Once it warms up I can do a little walking in the evening but too cold still.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
163 Replies
John10forteen

DANG is right! I just saw freezing temps and snow forcasted for the northern midwest states. Can't believe it.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

0 Kudos

Have not done great this weekend eating. The good news is that my husband quit smoking and it's been over two weeks for him  It is at least supposed to go up to 65 today and rain again this afternoon.  Oh well no use in complaining about it we are supposed to be warmer on Tuesday.  Plan on getting in some exercise this morning and if I possibly can mow before the next rain comes in,  

Working on a quilt art project that I'm not sure how it will come out yet.  Something different.  Hope everyone has a great day.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Good morning Bonnie! Thats great news about ur husband. I am not sure what the weather forecast is today. i know yesterday was suppose to be better than today, so i take it rain is heading our way too. We are having a cookout at 1. So if anything happens, hope its long after. You wont see my steps in today. Its going to be a lazy day lol.

How long will that quilt project take? i want to see pics of it after. Have a great day!

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Hi Bonnie,

You've been so strong with a smoker in the house and now you are being rewarded. That is wondeful news. GOOD GOOD GOOD for him. I hope his quit goes well, and he has his share of aha moments. 2 weeks is awesome. Life is GRrrreat without cigarettes!

My 12 - 16 hour days along with our monthly camping (week long) excursions have been consuming my time but my long days should come to an end this week... YAY!

Hi Shawn, Hi Sharon, Liked the Banana pancake recipe. Have a great week everyone!

0 Kudos