cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnP

Lifestyle Changes/ Water Pledge

I pledge with Sharon to drink 8 glasses or more of water today.

Went shopping and got lettuce for 69 cents. Its been awhile since i have seen it at that price but i am trying to eating more salads. I also bought Schwebels country hearth Lite 100% whole wheat bread for my toast in the morning. I have been taking 132 calories for 2 slices and this bread is only 70 calories for 2 slices. I have 62 extra calories to eat something else. I tried also that popup bowl by Orville Redenbacher. It was sweet/salty. You can eat just about the whole bag for under 200 calories. 

0 Kudos
214 Replies
LouiseR

I pledge to drink 8 glasses of water today.

0 Kudos
candylance

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 6

0 Kudos
LouiseR

I pledge to drink 8 glasses for water today.  I hurt my knee and my doctor put me on anti inflammatory meds and no activity for 5 days.  Have a feeling my weight loss is going to be slow going but I am determined to get this weight off!

0 Kudos

I have a couple, more like a few, issues going on. Because of the stroke, I'm not able to be as active as I once was. In addition, I have to take several med's that are known to slow metabolism and cause weight gain. My weight stayed between 105-117 all my adult life until I started having the health issues. I gained even more after I stopped smoking and I'm now up to 187 pounds. My doctor said 115 should be my max weight for my height and bone size. While I disagree, I felt I was to skinny at 115, I am now at a point that my weight is making it even more difficult to get around.

My doctor had me track my food intake for a week last year and sent me to a nutritionist. The nutritionist told me that I was actually below the amount of calories I needed per day and needed to eat more. At the same time, she told me everything I was eating was basically wrong due to my out of control cholesterol. I made the changes she suggested, but still haven't lost weight. Steadily gaining each week. I was using protein shakes. She told me they are full of cholesterol and not to drink either the shakes or smoothies. I will be the first to admit...I'm still eating all the wrong things so I have to rethink my meal plans. If I do that, I will be able to plan meals in advance and calculate calories as well as cholesterol. My main objective will be exercise. Because of health issues and current weight, I can only walk for short periods at this point. So here's my first goal:

1. I pledge to walk for 30 minutes a day. The 30 minutes may have to broken up into several sessions so I'll do how every many it takes to reach 30 minutes.

2. I pledge to drink 8 glasses of liquid in the form of water, tea and coffee.

3. I pledge to start my research on meal plans that will meet calorie & cholesterol goals.

0 Kudos
candylance

@Poly   I joined Livestrong.com ($45 per year). They said I was eating way too little and now I eat all day but good stuff. I actually lost a pound this morning and thought I would have gained. I think Moody is on this website also! I can't exercise due to my disabilties but will ask the doctor Monday if I can start back to Curves. They help me with exercises I CAN do.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I pledge tomorrow which is in 1 hr and 7 min to drink 8 or more glasses of water 🙂

0 Kudos
candylance

FRIIDAY, FEBRUARY 7

I pledge to drink 8 or more glasses of water today. Bloodwork showed low sodium so doctor got me to drink Gatorade all day yesterday. Messed up my calories!!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Just finished my cup of coffee, now drinking water!

0 Kudos
LouiseR

0 Kudos
candylance

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8

I have already had 12 waters and I forgot to Pledge this morning. I do put drops of Dasani flavoring in it. I like Strawberry/Kiwi and Grape!! Drank 20 oz. Vitamin Water for lunch and counted that as 2 waters.

0 Kudos