cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnP

Lifestyle Changes/ Water Pledge

I pledge with Sharon to drink 8 glasses or more of water today.

Went shopping and got lettuce for 69 cents. Its been awhile since i have seen it at that price but i am trying to eating more salads. I also bought Schwebels country hearth Lite 100% whole wheat bread for my toast in the morning. I have been taking 132 calories for 2 slices and this bread is only 70 calories for 2 slices. I have 62 extra calories to eat something else. I tried also that popup bowl by Orville Redenbacher. It was sweet/salty. You can eat just about the whole bag for under 200 calories. 

0 Kudos
214 Replies
LouiseR

I pledge to drink 8 glasses of water today.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I am pledging 8 glasses and upping my exercise to burn 3,000 a day.

0 Kudos
nanawendy

OK Family, I need help !!  I have never had a weight problem, so I have no idea how to go about this. I have gained 15 pounds since I stopped smoking and it doesn't appear to be going away, just maybe getting more.  I have stopped drinking soda and I am drinking 60 ozs of water daily. What else should I do.?? 

0 Kudos
moody_9-18-13

Nanawendy--

I'm in the same boat, gained 15 pounds like the first 3 months! I knew if I didn't do something I might never get it off. So, the main thing is to watch how many calories you're putting in the tummy everyday. That was an eyeopener for me. I began 3 weeks ago to measure calories, there are a bunch of different places that are free to join, but I joined FitDay.

So, I'm learning, with Shawn's help how to prepare foods using substitutions for sugar, cooking oil and eating no fast food, NONE. No sodas, lots of water, veggies, tiny portions of lean meat, no larger than the palm of my hand.

I have set a goal to lose 1 pound per week for 15 weeks. That's not too agressive, but I do have to make myself stick to eating healthier or I'd be off on a potato chip frenzy.  So far after 3 weeks, I've lost 4 pounds.  I think by setting a reasonable goal, especially for people who have never had a weight issue before, like us, we can see results steady as she goes. 

We have a page for Sunday Weigh in where we chat about how much we lost, how we're feeling, what's working for us, what's not and so forth. If you have a chance look at all the discussion topics.  I know one thing, if we can quit smoking, we can lose the extra pounds we all want to lose. 🙂

0 Kudos
candylance

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 4

I pledge to drink 8 glasses of water today. Joined Livestrong and I was eating way too little according to them so I've been having a good time today eating things that I don't usually eat. I just had one of my husband's choc. chip cookies. Felt so evil. Have to go to hospital for some tests so won't be able to go to Philly. They're supposed to have another snowstorm anyway.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

My goal for today is to drink 8 glasses of water today.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

@ Poly, i am still working on that. Currently i am doing 2380. My friend suggested i up it, so trying for the 3,000. I didnt make it yesterday. Greg (iaviksfan) told me about this lady yesterday. Going to do this workout today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2gn6-w0dE

0 Kudos
LouiseR

I pledge to drink 8 glasses of water today and to go to the rec center and walk 3 miles and then swim 10 laps.

0 Kudos
candylance

@ Louise, I'm so proud of your exercising. Jealous!! 

0 Kudos
candylance

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5

I pledge to drink 8 glasses of water today. Ate about 1300 calories according to Livestrong and actually lost. I was eating ALL day. Livestrong.com rocks!! Where are all you pledgers???

0 Kudos