cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,356 Replies
Cousin-Itt

I did some moving today.   This morning, I had a fantastic walk as I came upon the field, I walk by all the time about 30 feet from me was a Red Fox we stared at each other for about 10 seconds before heading in opposite directions.  I spent part of the afternoon on my neighbor's roof securing a few shingles and some chimney flashing.

@biscuit9 Wouldn't you say a grown man standing on his front porch with weather sirens blaring under a tornado warning may be a little sick and unhealthy 

@Cousin-Itt 

Did she promise to cherish you in insanity?

🙄

@YoungAtHeart   She should have, because I don't know what made me offer to go up on my neighbors roof.

I do like the little gosling pictures

@Cousin-Itt 

Yeah, I wondered about that roof adventure, too, when I read about it!  

Busy morning.  No extra movement today.  Laundry is on.  Hope all of you are moving.

@YoungAtHeart   Love seeing the goslings!  So cute.  Birds are so busy right now.  Glad that mama goose didn't chase you, lol.

@biscuit9 

Mama/Dad (?) did hiss when we got too close to take the photo!  They are, I think, used to people since the path around the lake is pretty heavily used.

Normally I would have never gone up, but he had to pull up a few shingles. After watching him tear the first shingle he was trying to remove I yelled up to him and told him if he could wait, I'd help. I grabbed a few tools and went up.  He had 3 things going for him

1. he was only up about 10 feet

2. It was a small pitch roof 4/12

3. the most important Joyce wasn't watching

Going up was easy getting back on the ladder took a little longer than it used too.

@Cousin-Itt 

Joyce,  whispering in my ear, "Tell him NOT to do that again!"

😁😂🤣

YoungAtHeart

I walked the lake today and came across these goslings!  Precious!

goslings.jpg

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I seen this today as well on two separate occasion when I was out today! So precious.

Quiana, EX Team 

EX Community Admin Team