cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,320 Replies
YoungAtHeart

DID force myself to go for a 20 minute walk in the mist and drizzle at dusk.  Can't say I enjoyed it, but did it, anyway!

😁

Sootie

Hello Movers- I have missed being with you! I've been trying to read a bit and follow as I can.......have been having "technical difficulties" with my laptop and my life. Hoping things are back on track now. @RainbowHeart You have a LOVELY face for very short hair. @YoungAtHeart so glad you did not break anything in your recent "mishap"!!! @Giulia sounds like you are getting a great workout at PT......I loved my time going there (as crazy as that sounds....didn't love being injured but loved the therapist/therapy) and I still do all of those exercises every day. @everyone else........so good to be able to be back and commenting with all of you.....have missed you. 

The weather here has been pretty much the same as I am reading on @YoungAtHeart 's posts and it's been great to be able to be out and about for walks and a few runs with the dog. I planted some grass seed and I cannot wait until I can actually start getting flowers.....but here in the northeast, that's a fool's errand before Memorial Day.

I'm planning to enroll in a yoga class....have been researching times and places. I always loved yoga and I think if I enroll in a group I will be more faithful to doing it regularly.

Still doing my weights every morning.

You all sound like you are well and moving. 

SuzyQ411

Happy to see you @Sootie; hope your multi-faceted "technical difficulties" have resolved. I have not been on the site much lately, either, dur to this and that... @Cousin-Itt  Appreciated the update on Joyce's brother. Hoping all works out well for him. Enjoying hearing of your busy daily home duties and family life. I have not see @Anonymous online for sometime now.. has anyone heard from her? Hope all's ok ❤️ 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Good to see you, @Sootie !  

The place has been quiet the last few days!  I felt at times as though I was talking to myself!

😏

0 Kudos

@YoungAtHeart  good to BE back Nancy!!!! Have had zero or spotty internet for over a month now...finally solved on Friday. Other issues in actual "life" also seem to be getting back on track. I've loved your pictures. This year I am going to remember to look for the "may apples" and try to plant some....they are pretty ground cover.

Cousin-Itt

Good evening, all

Busy weekend here. Yesterday early morning Joyce and I went to our favorite farmer's market. It was full of color.  Late morning the grandbabies came by and spent the day with until sometime after the Kentucky Derby and since Joyce was off work things were much simpler as I had no diapers to change. 

Today I spent the day in the yard soaking up the warm sunshine and grounding.  Planted a few flowers, cut, trimmed and edged the grass.  Removed some old, rotted landscape timbers from a small garden bed that hasn't been used for years. Plus, I started to extend my wildflower bed. It was productive day moving.  

Well Joyce's brother and the family received some good news or mixed news, I guess.  The biopsies on her oldest brother came back negative for cancer which is great news.  He does have an autoimmune disease called Sarcoidosis, and Cirrhosis of the Liver plus something else.  I'll know more once Joyce get back from Columbus.  

Need to catch up on what's going on.  Good to see you @Sootie 

Have a great evening everyone

Good news about your BIL, I imagine.

GOOD!

@Cousin-Itt Good to BE seen!!! Good news about Joyce's brother. Hopefully the other conditions will be treatable. sounds like you had a good weekend....looking forward to pictures of the wildflowers.

YoungAtHeart

@Cousin-Itt 

Well, what's going on in MY world is my O's swept your Reds this weekend.

Sorry/not sorry!  😲

YoungAtHeart

@Sootie 

May Apples are woodland plants, so not sure you will find them in regular nurseries.  Might find roots on Etsy.  When I have a few more, I will be happy to send you some, but that's gonna' be a bit.  You might look for them in the woods around your cabin???