cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,300 Replies
indingrl

9977693686704c71cbf01e905cd2d7438019c8be5225cd0ad939de7b23b3d1bc.0.png

 up at 430amand prayed

Next a lead of wash done

Then ready for day and headed out to Alanon meeting to keep learning to live my own life and let others live their lives while concentrating on being fully present in Monday day and looking forward to my bedtime at 8pm

WoooooWOOO in very grateful to be healthy and alive today

YoungAtHeart

Spent EARLY, EARLY 3 hours in the woods this morning before the heat sets in, and am almost finished clearing out the noxiousness (I guess that IS a word!  😁).  The May Apples are especially gorgeous this year (that trowel is about 10"):

PXL_20240430_143924277.jpg

I may ferry out some fairy (see what I did there???!) decor after my breakfast settles.  

I will be moving, for sure!

SuzyQ411

@YoungAtHeart  Not familiar with the may apple plant so looked it up. Surprised to read that it is a native plant of Missouri!

@SuzyQ411 

They do actually grow wild in the woods here.  A friend sent me roots from which I grew two patches.  My forested trail has three areas of them.  I just LOVE them.  I can picture the fairies having picnics under the umbrellas!

@YoungAtHeart 

Or, just taking a nap under one of the leaves?

SuzyQ411_0-1714496780961.jpeg

No official formal movement today.  Had a dental appt at 9am, so that started my day.  I didn't think it was a serious appt but they gave me antibiotics and narcotics for pain.  I know noone wants to hear anymore about that and I understand.  I am good though, no pain (yet). 

@Cousin-Itt   My 3 kids were involved in athletics, starting from the time they were ini elementary school.  I also coached my daughters in softball.  I considered it an investment in their future.  Rather than choosing drugs, etc., I was hoping this might help them make better choices.  This grandson is not a perfect child, even though he looks like it from the outside.  He will probably not excel in academics, but he is coming into his own and excelling on the ballfield and other sports.  It has been a ride for his parents, but they are drawing on his strengths and they have found something that he is good at and they are supporting him.  Athletics has a place for some kids and I think it can help to heal some children.  

Hope you get to move today.  My husband is moving by cutting down a tree we have had since it was born 😭.  It died due to the drought last year and nothing we could do would save it.  Sad moment, but we will plant again.

Cousin-Itt

Good afternoon, everyone

@biscuit9  Glad they are supporting him.  It will mean a lot to him down the road.  Athletics can be great for children sadly I saw some coaches and parents ruin it for some.    That sucks about you tree 

I did get to move today. I picked up some mulch from Home Depot while it was raining this morning. After lunch ran up to my favorite nursery for a few flowers and spent the afternoon giving my knees a workout and getting my hands dirty

Glass of water and heading back out to clean up if I can get out of my chair.

Enjoy the afternoon everyone

RainbowHeart

Hello movers, happy Tuesday. I slept in a bit this morning and then immediately regretted it as my back and hips were all seized up for hours after I got up. A bit of stretching and a short hobbling walk has me feeling better, but the right hip is still barking a bit. Might be a Tylenol day.

The kitties are 8 months old today, woo! Both are healthy and happy and growing fast! Ripley is more long and lean, and Roo is a bit of a chonker with short little legs. They both have vet appointments scheduled for May, just a checkup and probably some kitten shots. Much easier when they are indoor only cats.

The weather was crap when I woke up, but looks to be brightening up now. I'll get a slightly longer walk after dinner tonight, spring evenings are just heaven.

My nearby farm stand opens back up tomorrow! I'm very excited. I grew up with big gardens so grocery store veggies are nearly always a disappointment. I'm especially looking forward to spring peas. So good with a little chopped onion and ranch dressing. Now if I can get myself to eat more fruit besides just frozen berries, I'll feel better about my diet. It always takes a turn for the worst in winter, my body thinks "it's cold! Lets eat ALL the fatty foods!" Then in spring it goes "veggies, yum!" LOL. But fruit is a tough one. I like fruit, but when it comes from the grocery store it seems like you never know what you're going to get. Sour? Mushy? Grainy? All are possible. Hopefully the farm stand will have some good options.

Alright, time for lunch (late, but breakfast was at 11am). I hope everybody is having a great day, smoke free 😘

Giulia

I moved!  Morning back work, then just finished a 5+ mile bike ride, then did some stretch band work and some ball work.  Now I'm gonna try to stretch my neck.

A shot along my route this afternoon.

20240430_173459.jpg

And some blooms along the driveway...

Iris smaller.jpg20240430_174854.jpg

20240430_174734 smaller (800x600).jpg

YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

Thanks for the memories!  Your bike route looks like one of mine from my youth - although I was riding a bike with big tires, NO gears and the darned  weighed probably 25 pounds!  I must have been in GREAT shape - I used to ride it everywhere.  I even went miles to the watershed with a book, lunch and a thermos.  

"Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end..."