cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,164 Replies
Giulia

Back at PT today.  I had called earlier and left a message saying I wanted to switch to Holly if possible and that'd I'd be there later today to discuss it.  Well when I got there, 10 minutes early, who's sitting right there at check in but good old Todd.  Who immediately said he was ready to start as he was the only one there.  No chance to go about changing people then.

The computers were apparently down.  I said I really liked working with Holly the other day as she gave me really hard stuff to do that I felt was better for me. He said, "Well, gee, that doesn't make me feel too good."  Suddenly he's real personable.  He had me start off with the usual easy stretches, I told him what I had done with her... at one point he actually lay down on the table with me while I was doing one exercise.  I said, "being a companion, huh?"  He said the computers were out and he had nothing else to do.  I said, "Boy, you must be REAL bored!"  I mean like, hey, you can't stand there and watch me do the exercise and encourage me in the process???  I guess he's not a coach, just a therapist.  

Anyway, he did give me some of the exercises she had given me (because I told him what they were), thank you very much.  I think he was genuinely offended that I liked her workout better than his.  He made some mention of the fact that he gets a lot of "couch potatoes" and they come in for the next session and are really sore...  Which I understand, but he was paying no attention to me and my capabilities.  So I'm glad I spoke up - it all worked out just fine.  And I'll stick with him.  'Til the end of this period anyway.  But I'm gonna make him work me hard if he doesn't.  But why should I have to push him to push me???!!!  At the end of the session the computer came back up and he said, "I hope you're Miss Pagano."  That made me laugh a lot!  Suppose I wasn't and he had given me a routine for another patient???!!!  At least he then got to see what Miss. Holly had me doing last session.  

Ah but life's full of tricks and tics and challenges, ain't it?!!  Carry on all!

Thyme

@Cousin-Itt  Wow, what a beautiful field! Sounds like a great day! 
@Giulia  Sorry your PT experience was frustrating! I’ve never done it before but my husband just started his yesterday.

Yesterday I finally made it to the Y for sauna and swimming to reward myself for 100 days smoke free (about 2 weeks after originally planning on it). The day before was unexpectedly stressful and something about the hot sauna and cool water just melts all that tension away, it’s like magic. Much better than chain smoking! I hope to go back again soon.

YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

You have just explained why I loved my PT guy and went to him for YEARS!  I mentioned to  him when I was taking yoga that I thought some of his patients might benefit from it, and he pooh-poohed it.  I told him it fixed my neck pinched nerve (that he couldn't fix) and that still didn't convince him.   Until - for some reason he tried it, loved it - and even told me he wished he had listened to me those many years prior!  He also incorporated some poses into his PT routines when appropriate, which I loved, no longer being able to do a full practice.

They closed the outpatient facility where he worked, and he is now working stroke rehab at a hospital location.   He came to visit, we walked when I last was rehabbing from the hospital stay.   Still a friend, but I miss him AND the facility for rehab.

Sounds like Todd is trying to coast his way into retirement.  Good that you stood up for yourself!  Might have been the wakeup call he needed for ALL his patients!

I took a 30 min. walk in the park today.  Not really planned, but finished an errand and decided to stop.  My legs are slightly sore from the last 2 days, so I kept it short and sweet.  Felt good to commune with nature.

YoungAtHeart

Welp, I finished the d@mn tree circle!  But that is ALL I got done!   I never want to weed that area EVER again, so I decided to get pre-emergent weed killer for it.  I couldn't find it at Home Depot, so came home, found  and ordered it online for pick up and then BACK to the store to get it.  THEN I was able to mulch and finish the thing.  

Taking a break from work tomorrow and walking with a friend.  Will be good not to irritate my back for a day!

I will continue to move~!

😁

Giulia

Well apparently I didn't torture myself enough yesterday in PT, so after the morning 30 minutes or so of my ever changing, increasingly progressing,  back routine, I did some desk work and then went out for my normal 45 min. 7 mile bike ride.  Gorgeous day, perfect temperature.  Then I did another 30 minutes or so of back/arm band work, then more stretches and I'm DONE! 

A few snaps of the pretty around my house right now, I'm partial to Hostas....

Hosta 4.25.24.jpg

Hosta2 4.25.24 (2) (800x600).jpg

With Zipper sniffing a leaf - shows you the size of the leaves.

Hosta & Zip 2024 - Copy (800x600).jpg

Pinks 4.25.24 (800x600).jpg

Hosta3 4.25.24 - Copy (800x600).jpg

@Giulia 

I love Hostas, too.  They are the perfect no worry, no problem plants!  Yours are gorgeous!  I have some that are almost 45 years old, and they just keep multiplying and doing great!

Glad you are able to do all you want.  That's a special gift!

😁

SuzyQ411

Good Morning Movers! I never did post yesterday but wanted to share that we finally got a break yesterday afternoon in this long streak of cool weather and rain. Although the temperature remained in the low 40's and there was a bite to the chilly fall-like air, the sun was gorgeous and called me into the neighborhood for a walk-about. Perhaps because of the chill, I only saw one other person walking; he was about a block ahead of me- our paths never actually crossed. But he -- like me-- was bundled up in winter-wear. This morning-- in marked contrast-- the air already has a spring-like feel to it. The sun is expected to be out for most of the day and temp is actually expected to rise into the mid-60's! In addition to taking a walk later, i do plan on a short time of vegging out on my porch on my summertime wicker which Doris' granddaughter has brought up from the cellar for my enjoyment. Around Mothers' Day, my grandson Seth will bring up Flurry's playpen cage to the porch and the two of us will once again routinely be spending time on the veranda. Hope life is going well for all of you! In response to the posts on this page:  @Thyme ~ Congrats on reaching TRIPLE DIGIT DAY in your quit!! One-hundred days free of nicotine is a fantastic feat and I am so happy for you!!  Sauna and swimming~ what a way to celebrate your success! @YoungAtHeart and @Giulia ~ Interesting confab on your PT providers-- happy that in spite of the downsides of your experiences that there were also positives in your service. Great pictures of the hostas and other plants. My DIL has planted hostas all around the perimeter of their home and they are striking. (Got a kick out of seeing Zipper sniffing around BTW ❤️ ) Curious Giulia as to what the small pink and white flowers are: they are so cheery! Also, am hoping Nancy that at some point you will post a pix of your newly planted "tree circle." @biscuit9 ~ Glad you had a chance for a walk in the park! Changing locations always adds a new quality to walk-abouts. Also @YoungAtHeart , I lived very close to Cooperstown at one point in my professional life, having moved there for a work opportunity. Nice part of New York State and such a great way of honoring our baseball greats with its museum. So sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with Nolan Ryan and your sad memory of Pete Rose. 

@SuzyQ411 

Ryan just goes to show that just because you can throw a baseball, it  doesn't mean you have a personality - actually at ALL!  We still enjoyed the experience, the HOF,  and that magnificent old ballpark in town.  

My dad always brought up Nolan Ryan getting that million dollar salary, back in the day,  and he didn't think anybody was worth that amount of money.  That's all he talked about anytime Nolan would come to the plate and was struggling,   I think it's wonderful you got to go to Cooperstown @YoungAtHeart .