cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,164 Replies
Cousin-Itt

Good afternoon, all

With all the great things I'm hearing about PT makes me start to wonder that I need to look into it.

A cloudy windy cool day here but I did manage a 3-mile walk thru the neighborhood and heading out here in a few for a couple more miles before the rain comes.   Glad I cut my grass and did yardwork yesterday. 

Enjoy the day everyone

YoungAtHeart

Welp, got two big loads of wash on the lines, dry and back inside.  Finished edging and putting the border along the second sidewalk side, STILL have about 35 Pachysandra that were in the way of the edging to replant, and one small area to mulch after I add some of that groundcover. 

We are supposed to get showers tomorrow.  Sure would be nice to get the replanting done so it can be nature watered!  Maybe it will hold off?🤞

I am done in, but it's a nice done in!!  I moved!

ALMOST done (and it looks nice!)! 

Maki

Well , I did not get the last minute errands done ! Oh well but I did get pup and I out for two walks .  It was her spa day and I kept her to enjoy her to myself after for a while .  Best pet shampoo ever btw you pet owners , for her has been  baby shampoo . She has allergies to ingredients in others ..our trial and error determined this was best for her and no reactions .. smells good too . Cheaper as well . She is not taking the heat on the walks too well I noticed so I might just have to do late morning and evening ones this summer . She is not slowing down tho . She’s not getting any younger but still doing great ! A pup at heart yet for sure . 
That’s my day , it was a good one . You all know how I love my pets . I have not done the bike or bands either .. oh well , tomorrow is back to class . My spa day tomorrow too , after class . Beats buying cigarettes doesn’t it . 

RainbowHeart

Wowsa. It's nice outside ☺️ 

1000002624.png

Moving today was a walk fairly early and a bunch of stairs as I had three loads of laundry to do and haven't yet been cleared for heavy lifting

Dinner is meatballs and carrots in the toaster oven. Quick and easy without much cleanup

I hope everybody had a good day, smoke free🆓

Maki

Yup @SuzyQ411 , the bruins tied up the series as did Nashville lol least we are sharing the wins lol . 
Good morning all . Rough start to morning here , hopefully that improves after coffee . 
Class today and will push myself to go anyway .. commitment driven . Hopefully errands will get done as well . I’m slacking off . Glorious high of 68 today . Hope all have a good day whatever your plans . 

Cousin-Itt

Good evening, everyone

I accomplished a few things today.  This morning, I took all 4 all of our fans apart and thoroughly cleaned them Afterwards I cleaned and doubled swept and baby proofed the family room as the grandbabies will be here tomorrow and little Johanna is moving 
 This afternoon I took advantage of the warmer weather and sunshine and did a nice 3-mile walk I got to walk the field today as I got permission I have so many memories here in the field from my childhood.   My walk usually takes an hour or a little less but today almost 2 hours as I ran into a lot of people and just talked.  The rest of the afternoon I soaked up the sun as I took a nap out in a chair.

Farm.jpg
Enjoy the evening all

What a delightful day, sounds like to me! 
Accomplishments, solitude, sunshine, exercise, memories, socializing, napping!  Perfect!

Happy for you!

YoungAtHeart

I ran errands first thing, then started in on creating a tree circle from scratch.  BOY, is THAT a job!  I spent over 3  hours with a spade, shovel, flathead shovel, trowel, rake...and only got about 2/3 around it!  If I had known what a job it was, I may not have started!!!  Hopefully will finish tomorrow.

I moved!  Can't say I much enjoyed it, but the weather was almost perfect, again, and it's ALWAYS nice to hear birdsong in sunshine!  I did move, too!

😁

@YoungAtHeart 3 hours with a shovel is a lot of work.  Be careful and don't overdo it. Tomorrow in matter of fact allow yourself another 3 hours to complete the circle. When you get it finished in an hour have a chair set up in your yard, take your shoes off and relax  soak up the sun and let the birds sing you to sleep as naps are great.   I enjoyed my nap so much I might nap before and after my walk

@Cousin-Itt  

GREAT idea - all I need now is an enforcer to make me actually DO it.......

stay tuned.....................

😁

0 Kudos