cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,164 Replies

I feel GREAT, actually.  A little sore in one chest muscle from a particular band exercise yesterday, and the neck's a little wonky, but otherwise I feel better than I have in days - in the back area anyway.  So the workout Ms. Holly gave me was one  I definitely want to continue!   Thanks for asking.

Cousin-Itt, so you recall the Big Red Machine and those guys and I was a big fan of them.  They were formidable!  I can remember imitating Pete Rose's baseball stance to entertain my dad...it was a one of a kind type stance.  We weren't necessarily Cincinnati fans, but no denying what a great team Cincinnati had put together for several years.  Great time for baseball.  I still love the "baseball player", the great Pete Rose.  Johnny Bench and Joe Morgan, as well.  What a great memory you will always have, of going to the game with your sons.  Good to see everybody and Guilia I hope you continue to get stronger.  Glad you found someone who can show you how to get better.  

I did 30 mins with Juuls of Improved health yesterday and today we did 45 mins with stretching afterwards.  Keep it moving everybody.  Some days I feel like moving, more than other days, but I refuse to stagnate.  Truly appreciate those that post here.  You inspire me to keep moving.

You don't have to fix your monitor, these are real, little green men and there are alot of them in New Mexico.

These little green men were all over New Mexico.These little green men were all over New Mexico.

@biscuit9  I remember the Big Red Machine. I have a large 1975 team photo hanging by my bar along with an autographed bat of Tony Perez my second favorite player next to Pete Rose. Because Pete Rose was a switch hitter, I started switch hitting.  Baseball has always been my favorite sport Although over the years I have lost interest. After watching Elly Day La Cruz I may renew my interest. I played hardball till I was 35 and was on a ballfield 7 days a week when I was coaching my sons and playing. I played Softball till I was 46.  

@Cousin-Itt 

Since I was one, both of my daughters grew up being baseball fans, and I took them to a fair number of games.  My youngest's favorite player was Nolan Ryan (we actually got to see him pitch!).  When she was still pretty young, she asked if I would take her to Cooperstown when he was inducted into the HOF.  Of course I said, "yes!" and then the time came....

I found a way to do it - and believe me when I tell you that Ryan was the MOST boring speaker on the face of the earth.  He thanked EVERY coach he ever had from T-Ball on up and after he mentioned each and something each taught him, he would intone, "and I appreciated that!!"  We were sitting in a field with no shade for the ceremony, and I remember to this day him droning on and on and on and...

Cooperstown is a neat old town, but something I will never forget (or get over) was Pete Rose sitting in the entryway of a closed  storefront with a card table and a hand lettered sign, selling his autograph.  It made me sad.

YoungAtHeart

Just finished carrying two loads of wash out to the lines (and since wet jeans and sweatshirts were included, I think I can call that arm exercise!).  Next I need to go pick up more border edging material and then start in on the sidewalk.  I grow weary of it, so hoping I can finish that up today.

Since I always whine about lousy weather days, I would feel remiss if I didn't mention the absolutely PERFECT weather yesterday and today!  Sunshine, slight breeze, 60's-70's!  AHHHH!

SUN!  Outside!  Moving!  Productive!  Life is good!

😁

Maki

Good morning . Nice to see the excitement in here . I’m excited .. mid sixties today and tomorrow . A quick go through of the house , and outta here to soak up that beautiful warm day . Pup will be happy too , perfect weather for her as well for a walk . Errands today as well to finish preps for visitors .Band exercise for sure , might even pull out the stationary to the deck and pretend I’m taking a Giulia route on the bike , not the same but I can dream lol .

@SuzyQ411 , wooo hooo two of my teams won last night , happy 😊 dance and update woo hoo Winnipeg and Vancouver up one as well . Good start C ! 

SuzyQ411

I was so happy to wake up this morning free from that lower leg pain I spoke of last night and to be able to stand and walk again without the crutches! In fact, I was able to "do" the cellar stairs to get a load of laundry done. So it must have been shin splints! Did lots of general stuff about the house and even spent some time on the porch as this morning the grand-daughter of Doris -- my landlady/ friend -- put out our porch furniture for the season so that's a definite sign that winter is over!! It was sunny and 65 today~ Just about the time I was thinking about a walk, though, the clouds and rain moved in and there was a sudden drop in the temp~ Tomorrow I will plan an earlier walk if it's clear so that doesn't happen again! @Maki ~ I have missed watching hockey for a bit but glad your teams are winning and I am happy also to know that the Bruins are still in the running for the Stanley Cup! Glad you were able to get out and walk the pup!  @indingrl ~ I used to love moving my furniture around with the change of seasons. Can't do that here due to the layout of the room and the fact that one wall is taken up with a fireplace with windows on each side. @Giulia ~ Great to hear you are feeling so much better and that your session helped you a lot! @Cousin-Itt ~Glad to have stumbled onto your post and to learn you got a 3mile walk into your day! @RainbowHeart ~ Go happy to hear of the fantastic weather you are finally having over there in Oregon! Hello to the rest of the Moving crew! Hope everyone has a restful sleep tonight! 💤

indingrl

unnamed.png

 up at 430am and prayed

Moved living room around for a new look and my exercising for my Tuesday today 

I am grateful to be alive and moving