cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,164 Replies
Cousin-Itt

Good morning, everyone

Joyce and I are headed out to walk the little town of South Lebanon, Ohio this afternoon.  We will have a drink before dinner at a supposedly haunted bar and then enjoy dinner at our favorite restaurant "The Golden Lamb Inn" which has been operating since 1803 with a guest list of 12 presidents and authors such as Charles Dickens Harriet Beecher Stowe, Mark Twain.  The present structure was built around 1815.

Tomorrow I will be collecting on my Christmas present as my 3 sons will be taking me to watch the Angels and Reds play.  I informed them before Christmas last year that the only thing I wanted for Christmas was for the 3 of them together to take me to a Reds game
 Have a Great Day everyone

@Cousin-Itt 

What a WONDERFUL weekend you have planned!

Enjoy!  Enjoy!  Enjoy!

RainbowHeart

3.5 miles, before noon. Sitting now, hydrating and thinking about lunch. The kitties are already eating, some poultry I found in the freezer last night when I took out the roast. I'm likely to just do a PB&J, the crock pot smells gooood 🙂 Soon I'll add veg and let it go a few more hours.

Time to tackle this pile of laundry. It has gotten embarrassingly tall, lol

I hope everybody's day is good and smoke free 🆓

Did I show you guys this pic? Ripley's impression of the Sphinx 😛

Her is loooong :)Her is loooong 🙂

Maki

Little work little play , all makes for a good good day . Oh my gosh the sale was absolutely packed .. wow I could not believe all the stuff that was going out of there and the people young and old ! I came home with two dvds for grandbaby and a brand new leather card caddy for vacation trips for who ever cause it was brand new lol and only a dollar donation . Had a lovely bowl of turkey soup there then walked part way home . Now working in the house shining mirrors washed bedding so it’s fresh , coffee then out while the sun is at its hottest bout three to five . Looks like some have been moving . 

biscuit9

I walked for an hour today.  I walked the same park as the other day.  My legs are feeling it. This time, the sun wasn't bright and I took proper photos, not selfies.  I also threw in some photos from my RV vacation with my son's family, when we were in New Mexico.

This park has paths, more than trails.  Birds were serenading me and I saw one jogger.This park has paths, more than trails. Birds were serenading me and I saw one jogger.

This is a splashpad and picnic tables.  I have taken my grandsons here.  There is a playground right next to it.  There are a few kids playing and a couple moms, so I didn't take photos of that.This is a splashpad and picnic tables. I have taken my grandsons here. There is a playground right next to it. There are a few kids playing and a couple moms, so I didn't take photos of that.

There is this random ramp, for some reason.  I went up/down about 3 times.There is this random ramp, for some reason. I went up/down about 3 times.

Maki

Absolutely beautiful !

0 Kudos

I wasn't through.  My fingers have a mind of their own.....

This pond is a little distance, but I walk around it.  Usually a couple people fishing.This pond is a little distance, but I walk around it. Usually a couple people fishing.I don't know what kind of snake this is.  I am standing on a deck above it.I don't know what kind of snake this is. I am standing on a deck above it.These flags represent all branches and one more.  Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines.  Thousands of roses on these bushes.These flags represent all branches and one more. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines. Thousands of roses on these bushes.

Just-planted oleanders.Just-planted oleanders.White Sands of New Mexico.  GORGEOUS and climbable.White Sands of New Mexico. GORGEOUS and climbable.Two of myy grandsons while on vacation.  We spent two full days in the white sands and they sled down them and had a blast. The 14 yr old is at an awkward stage.  He grew many inches in a year.  Just got his braces off and his voice is cracking and he has a "mustache??"  Thankfully, he is still a kid at heart.Two of myy grandsons while on vacation. We spent two full days in the white sands and they sled down them and had a blast. The 14 yr old is at an awkward stage. He grew many inches in a year. Just got his braces off and his voice is cracking and he has a "mustache??" Thankfully, he is still a kid at heart.Still in New Mexico.  Most challenging walk we did, about 2.5 miles and some of it was steep.  Next time, I will take a hiking stick and get better trail shoes.  That's my son and the older two.  They left me, my DIL and the 8 yr old behind, lol.Still in New Mexico. Most challenging walk we did, about 2.5 miles and some of it was steep. Next time, I will take a hiking stick and get better trail shoes. That's my son and the older two. They left me, my DIL and the 8 yr old behind, lol.My daughter sent me this photo the other day.  It's my sil and my grandson.  My Sil has competed in and finished 2 Ironmen competitions.My daughter sent me this photo the other day. It's my sil and my grandson. My Sil has competed in and finished 2 Ironmen competitions.

Last one, I promise!

This is Tiger, 13 years old.  I have few photos of him.  He is an introvert and antisocial.  Me and my husband are the only humans he allows near him. He and his sister found ME.  I wasn't even looking for, wanting or needing a cat.  Because of him, I adopted his siblings as well (his sister Tigger died and his brother, a blind cat disappeared off the face of the earth last year.)  I still have him and his a**hole brother, thankfully.This is Tiger, 13 years old. I have few photos of him. He is an introvert and antisocial. Me and my husband are the only humans he allows near him. He and his sister found ME. I wasn't even looking for, wanting or needing a cat. Because of him, I adopted his siblings as well (his sister Tigger died and his brother, a blind cat disappeared off the face of the earth last year.) I still have him and his a**hole brother, thankfully.

Giulia

Love all the photos.  jAnd nice moving!

YoungAtHeart

I weeded and edged and mulched and distributed for about three hours, and that was enough.  Now for dinner and a ballgame.

I moved!

LOVE all the photos!  Thanks for them!

@biscuit9 

My kitty was dropped as a kitten in my yard, and it took her most of a summer to win me over. I had her for 13 years and she was the love of my life!!!