cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,159 Replies

@indingrll  Lovely flowers.  How thoughtful of you to think of your husband

Thank you dear friend @Cousin-Itt 

He said no ever bought him flowers he was very touched in his heart 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

@indingrl 

How thoughtful to give hubby flowers!!  ❤️

Thank you dear Nancy that's what hubby thought too he cried mixture of sorrows and joys bittersweet 

I appreciate you @YoungAtHeart 

Maki

Finally a break ! Busy busy , moving moving day . Blessed I feel better today but still … what did I get done lol .. not a lot .. I got my chairs put back on the deck , made chicken burgers … found a yummy recipe for that , got a few things at the store , made buns . My cousins are coming next weekend , we keep in touch often by email so this will be nice to see them in person and catch up .I am basically prepared . Yay  for pre made meal prep . I will get my band exercises in yet and vacuum the upper level . So grateful for feeling human today . Yesterday was blah . 

RainbowHeart

4 miles today in the sunshine, although what I "should have done" was clean my house. Ah well, tomorrow temps are supposed to drop 15F, a much better time for cleaning IMO. I'll probably get the kitchen done this evening anyway, I have a 1# pork roast I'd like to get in the crock pot first thing, and for whatever reason I can't make so much as a bowl of cereal in a dirty kitchen. Training from a young age, I'm guessing. My earliest Christmas memory is getting a play kitchen. My favorite part though was the toy iron and ironing board. There's a picture of me with it in our living room in the California house, and I don't see any boy's toys in the pic, so I'm guessing I was 2. I have disturbingly early memories, like my grandparent's wedding when I was about 18 months, but then I often have trouble with my grandson's name these days. I keep wanting to use my nephew's name instead. Annoying, but not tragic. It's pushing me to write things down. My longest-running friend told me the other day that I invite people to tell me their stories, and I think that I should start writing them down. Maybe those people told other people who wrote them down, but odds are these amazing stories would otherwise be lost. When you use public transportation, especially the longest continuous bus route in the US, you get to hear the best stories. Also I've always said walking is the best way to get to know a place. You see things in finer detail, and from the same level, as opposed to high up behind glass in a car or bus.

I love a good spring evening, and that's what is happening right now. So I'm going to wander out and see if any neighbors are out but not smoking. The downside of this apartment complex is nobody just goes outside to be outside. If they are out there, they are smoking 😞 Maybe I'll take another walk after I rest a bit. Luckily I have a huge window in my living room. Not a great view (parking lot), but it lets in so much natural light it's a decent substitute for hanging out outside.

I hope everybody had a good day, smoke free ❤️

@RainbowHeart 

So happy to hear you being happier and dealing well!  And FOUR MILES!  WOW!  Keep it up!  I bet one begats the other!

😁

@RainbowHeart You can always clean your house as the dirt or mess doesn't go anywhere it will be there tomorrow You can't say that about the warm sunshine.

4 miles is great

Maki

Good morning . 
5:30 coffee is on . 
Last night I got my band exercises done , it’s becoming a routine . Today I’m off to a rummage sale at the seniors .. games puzzles that kind of thing ,walking back home from there as far as I can minus a bit so I don’t over do it . That is it here , have a good day all . 
Updating this post while I’m still here . 6:30 , coffee made first cup in lol . Did band exercises and 6 minutes only on the stationary bike . That is it until my walk part way home . Weather is great today back into the fifties and sun . Still have a bit of snow on my deck , ( I did not shovel off the last ) hopefully it’s gone today . Tomorrow I’ll get out the planters ready for flowers, fresh green beans and farmers markets ! 

YoungAtHeart

Got the drizzly, drippy, dark and drearies here this morning, so inside I will stay.  Might force me to do some arm exercises, although I think lifting bags of mulch and pulling garden wagons full of it  other days may suffice?!  Sun is supposed to peak through some this afternoon and I will be back at the edging, weeding and mulching, distributing displaced soil and old mulch.  I may use the dirt to fill in some barren spots in the lawn from the incessant rainy season ponding we had that destroyed the soil nutrients and grass.   Then I will seed and straw...

I will be moving!