cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,149 Replies
Maki

Nice , enjoy the grandkids k hope good reports on those tests. 

Cousin-Itt

Thank you @Maki  The grandbabies were great I had the two youngest Louisa and Johanna as soon as I got back from the doctors and Fritz was dropped off at early afternoon after school.  How I do enjoy them It was warm enough to be outside with them.

My yearly checkup went extremely well, except I gained a little weight.  I blamed that on my whiplash and weather

YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

I am so happy to hear the exercises are helping.  I know most folks yo-yo on them over time.  They quit when they feel better, then the problem returns, they start back.  Rinse and repeat.  I need to get a regimen from a PT, but my go-to got reassigned and I don't have a new one.  Wonder if he does consulting; will have to call him and see!  

Your experience is encouraging me.  Thanks for sharing it!

❤️

So true … the stop rinse ,  repeat cycles @YoungAtHeart . Btw , think you and everyone here inspired me to do . Forever grateful . 

Maki

They won’t be there all the time to coach .. once this class is over we are on our own just like anyone else who has had PT or any PE  .. the motivation to continue comes from within . We can dig deep and make it routine or quit , the choice is ours , just like quitting smoking . We quit we pay the consequences . There are some that are in this class barely able to walk some in their 80s others in their 60s , 70s , and one likely in her 40s and they are treated no different than the next person , we all do the same work out .. different band resistances however , the message is … ( I think ) is this is doable for us all and we are able to do. Doing what we can is better than doing nothing at all . We all came in on one level ( band) , that was our own personal baseline k … we will all go out one band resistance more than we started with . That’s so cool to me . Some are there with chronic illness others who had a stroke , others just because they live alone and wanted a social connection with people .
@Giulia , I was thinking last night and I can tell you the pT nurse I had was the same .. showed zero interest in her job or her client .. just went through the motions . This has been such a unique experience , a better one . I doubt I’d ever go back to PT if kinesiology is an option . I commend you for trying to lighten him up a bit .. it’s every bit as important as the exercise . FYI , @Giulia , I think that blue band is equivalent to 5.8 pounds or 5 .2 darn , already forgot lol and I looked it up, next level up is 7 lbs something .. 

YoungAtHeart

I forgot to share a few pics from my woodland trail walk yesterday.  It was right after a rain, so I thought the Spring colors were outstanding.

Waterlogged dandelion crownWaterlogged dandelion crown

Abundance of May ApplesAbundance of May Apples

Understory blooms - Mustard (I think) and violetsUnderstory blooms - Mustard (I think) and violets

SuzyQ411

Hi @Caridad ~ Nice "bumping into" you~ I'm not a regular contributor to the moving site but do try to pop in on a regular basis... wanted to take a moment and celebrate with you~

number 33.jpg

THIRTY THREE DAYS NICOTINE- FREE!

HOORAY!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

😊

Giulia

Thirty-three days is FAAAAAABULOUS!  Charge on.

@YoungAtHeart ~ As always, fantastic photos, Nancy. The treasures of your neck of the woods are breath-taking ❤️