cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,138 Replies

@Cousin-Itt 

sun tanning comic.jpg

CARL AND JOYCE

~ celebrating the newly mown lawn ~

Pretty pictures Nancy.  I got out today and walked a different park for one hour.  There was a pond there and a couple of people fishing and saw a snake sleeping, but I was on a platform above it.  I took several photos, but the sun was out and I didn't realize I had it on the "selfie" setting.  Every photo I took was of me, unfortunately.  (Don't hire me to be your photographer).   I will go back there, as their roses are all abloom.  Not sure how far I walked, but I walked for an hour and it felt good.  Had to get back to get the truck to my husband.  He chipped his tooth yesterday and now has to go to the dentist to get it pulled.  Never a dull moment, but I am ok with dull moments.

SuzyQ411

YIKES! Enough of that snow at your place @Maki ! ❤️ 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Got a 45 walk after the THUNDERSTORM!  Yard too wet to do more, so I mostly vegged and read.

Hope to get after the yardwork tomorrow!

Maki

I’m so grateful to have found this class and signed up . Class was great , wowzers , we worked every muscle group we have learned about . Today we learned all about the shoulder and you got it lots of shoulder movement . We learned how best to “ save “ yourself from having a fall .. the things she’s taught have been valuable I think for all of us and so much more to come yet . Most of class was hard exercise . Next weeks topic is arthritis . Sad however , today we lost one member not returning 😞  

I am settled at home now with a cup of chai tea . This morning was icy ! Road is clear now but oh my it’s cold outside and cold wind brrr two more days until a normal temp . Winter coat today and mitts . The weekend is looking good . 

SuzyQ411

So happy that kinesiology is working so well for you @Maki ❤️ 

0 Kudos
Giulia

@Maki   That class sounds FABULOUS.  Wish my PT would work me that hard!

Did my moring back work - which has now increased and is now about 40 minutes.  I mean he's got me up to about 12 exercises and I'm supposed to do them twice a day???? But half of them are boring and stupid MOOO... anyway.   What about vacuuming and weed wacking and turning a king size mattress around???  Does that count for back work???? lol

Anyway, finally got an antibiotic in me last night for the sinus infection so THAT should help.  Meanwhile after my 40 minutes of moring back work, I turned the kingsize bed 180 degrees (that's HARD on the back!)  and then weeded for two or three hours.  And, you know what?  I probably won't do ANOTHER 40 minutes of back exercises before bed.  Screw it!  

But oh yeah baby, I can feel the difference in my back muscles and flexibility and it's rather extraordinary how far I've come in the past two weeks.  So I say to all of you - if you are dedicated and work really hard - it amazing what you can accomplish if you do the work necessary.

As all of us know, who have quit smoking - dedication to the cause and perseverance is what made the difference between our ultimate long-term success and re-sets.  Exercise is no different.  Consistency is the name of the game.  But first that requires some discipline.  Actually it requires a LOT of discipline.  Or an iota of it.  Whichever comes first!

Maki

@Giulia , this gal is tough but at the same time a lot of fun too . I must be improving lol she threatened giving me her black band today saying things were getting too easy can’t have that lol … In my books her teaching style for me is a perfect combo for success . It was hard enough today and wow each week is suppose to be getting harder and we still have over a month to go .
It sounds like you are doing lots tooGiulia ,  It is boring doing it by ourselves. . I’m a people person doing it with others is better .way more fun . I’m kind of a goof lol I get ‘em all laughing then they forget their count lol .. 

Update . Nephew has three months left of chemo . We are awaiting results of the last weeks latest MRI . 🙏 

SuzyQ411

Such great news about your back improvement @Giulia and trusting that the antibiotic is doing its job. Sounds like you are on your way to being all mended up!

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

Good morning, all

Doctors' appointment this morning yearly check and blood work results.   Grandbabies this afternoon                                                                                                       Hopefully a walk in between

Enjoy your day everyone.