cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,159 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Did three stores first thing, bought and then "planted" solar flowers to make a garden at a friend's rental house.  Her new place,  instead of shrubs,  has  a LOT of big white stone alongside the front door.  SO - I found some solar flowers and installed them.  Getting holes dug for them in between the rocks was quite a workout.  Hope she likes them!

Breakfast is next, and when it settles, I will be back out in the yard.  I have some trees and a couple of gardens to  weed, edge and mulch.  Also dug up some mini woodland iris  yesterday to share, and have to package them up for distribution.

Another WONDERFUL weather day!!  YAY!

Sweet . Lovely thing to do for your friend  . Wontcha  be wontcha be wontcha be my neighbour too . Caring person to do that . It is the kind of neighbour we all need these days , to give is the best . My mom used to dig plants and give to others too .. beautiful for our environment too taking care of the plants and trees and not just throwing them away like many do and will do . 

Maki

Good morning all

Class was great . Learned about the knees and did exercise to help strengthen leg muscles .
Now for the next several weeks we will be doing a full 45 minute class just exercising increasing resistance and intensity working the full body . 

@Giulia , I also use a blue band and the goal set for me ( by her ) is to get to the black band which I will do by the end of this course . I have lots of upper body strength for that blue band even black but not lower.  The blue band is more than enough for my lower body . ( btw I lost inches in height as well due to osteoporosis, thanks smoking ). Blessing was I was fairly tall now just moderately tall and I do notice it ( can’t hide my weight as well lol ) I  don’t like it .  Smokers out there reading .. quit smoking , I hate this shrivelling , you should too . 

Most of the folks in class are still not inspired to do anything after this class when asked that question … wow I was shocked … Doesn’t this just speak to  we are what we do or not do , or can do if we think we can or can’t …. if we wanna sit all day and not be inspired by anything or anyone then expect to get old soon , to have aches and pain , expect wheel chairs .  You have to put the work in , change the thinking and do it for the results ..for you and  don’t give up . ..maybe quitting smoking has helped me see that . 

Son texted me yesterday , ha so excited .. our next gathering prior to us actually having green grass for that picnic in a month or so is to go swimming . He found us all the perfect pool yesterday , had to text me  .. small , not crowded , easily accessible for mamma . We used to spend many hours in the pool when they were young .. now I get to with grand baby . Family … something quitting smoking has done once again for me and I’m sure many of you too. Quitting brings you closer to your family and has given us more precious time . 
Not sure what my day holds a rest to energize perhaps . Odds and ends house wise . Nice to see colour in your beautiful pictures and stories . Have a great day . 

RainbowHeart

Happy Tuesday moving friends, it's overcast and cool but not raining so I got out for a short walk just for the fresh air. I've found it helps with the brain fog quite a bit. Unfortunately the dizziness is intense today, I'm going to have a protein packed lunch here in a minute, hopefully that helps.

I hope everybody has a good day, smoke free 🆓 

I have a question, is this a lily of the valley?

1000002556.jpg

Not Lily of the Valley, but real pretty!  The leaves look kind of like Liriope, but the flower is wrong.  Snow Drops?  No.  Hmmm, curious.   Hope that dizziness disappears quickly.

YoungAtHeart

Leucojum?  

83147-gravetye-giant-leucojum-snowflakes-2.jpg

Maki

White bluebells ? I give up , gotta be an ap for that lol . 
A great do nothing day to recharge the batteries for the week . I do plan on some u tube Zumba tho in a while .. repumped obviously lol . So excited that two classes from now is a pacing lesson … hope I listen well lol . Never was good at that as I took it one time before when they thought that I had was  MS .. in one ear out the other … it never worked .. must apply to work . 

Anyway been fun … I’ve learned lots about plants on Ex , who woulda thought lol .. grateful for it . I had an indoor forest , not great on outdoor ones , too cold here for most I learned .. 

Gnite all catcha tomorrow . 

Cousin-Itt

Good afternoon, all

It was a good warm sunny day here and my legs took advantage of as I got a 5-mile walk in this morning. After lunch I was just screwing around in the backyard soaking up the sun when I had this guy land right next to me.  I was glad I had my phone as I usually just leave it inside the house.

Enjoy the evening everyone.

.butterfly 3.jpg

@Cousin-Itt

😍

What a lovely!  The first time I saw a Zebra Butterfly I was speechless.  Isn't nature amazing?  My neighbor and I have planted milkweed, hoping to entice Monarchs to use their seedpods for eggs.  We understand that is their thing!  Hope springs eternal!

Maki

Lol ya they are white bluebells right @RainbowHeart , how are we going to find out lol ?