cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,150 Replies
indingrl

I am so sorry about your forest dear Nancy and I am grateful for your positivity and enjoying the rest of your day 

You give me such hope to just keep moving forward in my day and always reach for my positive mindset solution to go forward anyway

I appreciate you dear friend @YoungAtHeart 

Cousin-Itt

Good afternoon, all

Has been a nice day here. I slept in Picked my oldest granddaughter Autumn up from Uni of Cinti this morning and spent a little time with her.  Did a nice 4mile walk to the post office and back home through the my little city all in the bright warm sunshine. 

The little one decided to take a nap yesterday  

baby sitting 1.jpg

Have a great evening eveyone

Sootie

There is NOTHING more relaxing and peaceful than holding a sleeping baby! GORGEOUS picture. Happy Easter.

SuzyQ411

Looks kinda like a dual nap to me, Carl / @Cousin-Itt , or are you just "resting your eyes" a bit perhaps? 🤣

indingrl

Beautiful precious memories thank you so much for sharing family love 

I appreciate you @Cousin-Itt 

YoungAtHeart

@Cousin-Itt 

Wondering who crashed first?

(an adorable photo!)

RainbowHeart

Oooo.... now I'm extra excited for Tuesday. I finally visited the gym and it's even better than I expected. I'm finding that I miss having muscles so at the stitches removal appointment I'm going to ask what I can and can't do for now and then get a PT appointment to get some kind of schedule worked out so I don't overdo it like I know I will otherwise 🤕😅🥳

There's one machine that I'd never seen, it looked like a semi tire cut in half, then attached to a circular track. I have no idea what muscles that works, and it's an unsupervised gym so there's nobody to ask, but maybe my PT therapist will know

😸 The kitties are passed out next to me. Ripley on the couch, and Roo on the desk chair. They didn't destroy the house while I was gone, they definitely still get the zoomies but are a lot better about not creating total chaos than they were a month ago. Their 7 month birthday is tomorrow so they'll get extra treats and cuddles

Do you guys know how I could go about praising my nurses to their supervisors? Both of them have gone above and beyond for me and I want to make sure I let someone know that. I'm coming out of "survival mode" for the first time in decades and I have them to thank ⚕️💚

A picture of today's sky and some spring trees for you. I hope everybody has a great weekend 🌞🌲🍲🎂📚

1000002469.jpg

Giulia

What I do is ask what the name of their supervisor is and how to contact them.  Then I write a glowing letter explaining how much they helped me.  And mail or email it.  I find a hand written note more impactful.  There's something about the extra care and time it takes that's more impressive.  But that's me and I'm old.  I make a photocopy of it before I send it and- depending- I'll give it to the person I'm praising after I've sent it, if their supervisor/boss never mentioned it to them.  Some supervisors can be jerks and not pass that glowing letter on to those about whom it was written.  It's not for the thanks,  trust me, it's just to make sure they got the acknowledgement they are due.  

indingrl

PTL Praising MY God for answered prayers

I am so glad your healed and out living your physical healthy life enjoying yourself too

Gosh you suffered a long time and gave me hope and inspiration to keep fighting for my physical health too

Thanks for being an inspiration of never give up on myself and to keep moving forward just like you dear friend 

I am so glad for you dear friend @RainbowHeart and your physically healed and physically healthy just out enjoying your nope free lifestyle healthy physically and spiritually

Your a good picture taker too in my world

Thanks for sharing and happy  7 month birthday to Roo and Ripley and many more too 

Sootie

@RainbowHeart  You sound like you are really doing well! I always think an "old fashioned" letter to the supervisor simply expressing how much they have gone above and beyond is your best bet. And if their supervisor is not the top of the line....copy the letter to whoever is "the boss".

Keep feeling better and better!!!!