cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,114 Replies
Giulia

Yes, my previous PT instructor had me do them at their place and gave me the bands to take home.  So not to worry.  I'm also not too afraid of it snapping.  Had that happen before and it's survivable!  But thanks for the concern.  This is an exercise where you have one end of the band fixed to an object about halfway between shoulder and waist height and you stand with straight arms and pull/twist  to the opposite side with both arms at once.  

indingrl

Thank you @Giulia for sharing and yes dear friend @RainbowHeart  I saw Leslie Sansone on exercise info on fitness channel in August 2010 

I weighed 275 pounds smoking 3 packs a day and laying on the couch 

Leslie Sansone made a challenge

She said all I want you to do is 2 or 3 minutes moving side to side that is all so I got up off the couch cigarette put out and did the side to side for 3 minutes and I was crying because I was so fat and my thighs were rubbing together each time I moved yet I did it and I been with Leslie Sansone on utube ever since plus going out to enjoy walking outside weather permitting of course 

I now weigh 251.6 pounds and very healthy physically and still trying to feel my feelings instead of numbing out on comfort foods

Please take what helps and let go and let God with the rest thank you

I don't smoke over my weight anymore by the way only by God's grace for ME

WOOOOOWOOO

I am grateful for everyone here to teach ME day by day nope nope nope no matter what I weigh in My Ascended Lord Jesus name for ME amen

I am losing inches I went from a size 22 to a size 18 took me 3 months and I am grateful too

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Way to go @indingrl!! 

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team

Thank you so much dear friend @CommunityAdmin @ Quiana I love and appreciate your encouragement and support understanding my food issue

I love you dear Quiana 

@indingrl 

great job. mickey mouse.jpg

FANTASTIC NEWS!

GREAT WORK!!

WAY TO GO, GIRL!!!

❤️ 

Thank you so much your encouraging and your kindness in understanding my food issues is much appreciated dear friend @SuzyQ411 

I love you dear one

I would say a prayer and face my fear of a new way to just go and look and see all that's offered in machines and ask office if there is anyone to help explain a exercise machine I done understand or which machine is best for beginners to build for toning and strengthen my muscles

Just some ideas and you are doing wonderful self living kind  self care my dear friend I am so glad for you @RainbowHeart 

YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart 

@RainbowHeart 

I always find that just getting out is the hard part!  Maybe promise yourself you will just GET THERE and see what happens - and only decide that for today?  I have always found I feel better when I exercise, so maybe writing down how that feels and putting that on your 'frig might  remind you of that and be its own motivation?  And be sure to start off slowly if you haven't done like exercising recently.  Nothing is worse than feeling GREAT going full tilt, only to wake up the next day with strains (ask me how I know! 😁!).

SuzyQ411

@indingrl  and @Giulia ~ My heart is with you both. This grief stuff sticks with us BUT does seem to get less painful over time; at least that's how it seems to me. For example, I know that on April 4th that my 2nd husband Pete will be gone for 10 years, and while it still pulls at my heartstrings to not have him with me, the passage of time has taken away the deep pain of loss. I am left with nostalgia and happy memories which cause me to smile.

True time heals my heart too and I know I will have those days when my self care is to just be still and feel the feelings

I will not eat to stuff and numb myself just for today Saturday March 30th I pray for the willingness to be willing to just feel the feelings and let grief work it's way through missing my momma 

This too share pass is my working in love action for me today and nope nope nope thoughts cane and went about lighting a cigarette since I am not eating tons of foods these passing days

Some day mindless eating is my choice instead of a death stick please I am only talking about ME please take what helps and let go and let God with the rest thank you

I am losing inches and some pounds slowly really slow yet I a grateful and being kind to myself through this grieving thanks to my Daddy God and you dear friend @SuzyQ411  and @Giulia and @biscuit9 

@Maki  and @Sootie  @Cousin-Itt  and @YoungAtHeart  and @RainbowHeart and everyone here exercising group and on the main introduction group sharing goodbye nicotine letters group 

I appreciate everyone here 

Thank you ALL for sharing your experience strength and hope with me to keep moving forward no matter how much the feelings of grief come and go they will pass yes they DO 

PTL AMEN