cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,149 Replies
YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart 

D@mn!   Sorry!  Glad you got it checked out.

81C5RlpzlSL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Maki

Home 7:30 to 3 p.m. too much for this old lady , so if  exhaustion counts as moving , then I’ve moved . I really need to make people understand I can’t do all this and function normally everyday with nothing left … need  spoons people , spoons .. I was able to sneak pup out for a half hour walk as well . Didn’t really want to but kinda needed to for me lol .  I figured I already had the coat on , dressed for it so may as well . She is so cute with her little gallops , like are we going for a walk lol . How can I resist . We hit three bus stops on the way and three back for me to rest  .. 
I see other apts were done here today . I’m  glad you advocated well and got in there . Yay for antibiotics .. sometimes 🙂 

YoungAtHeart

From my hometown of Baltimore - if you have seen the news, you know we have lost a suspension bridge,  named after Francis Scott Key who wrote the Star Spangled Banner from a shoreline  there,  near our harbor cargo terminal.  A cargo ship lost power, and luckily  sent a mayday,  allowing time to stop traffic before the ship took out a main support and the bridge collapsed into the Patapsco River.

This will have far reaching affects.  Most importantly, there was a work crew on the bridge and probably at least 5 men have lost their lives.  The port will not be able to function, causing many lost jobs, lost cargo - including cars, food, clothing, consumer goods - coming from across the country and the world.  The bridge handled the tractor trailers that transported the cargo from the port.

It will take years to rebuild.  A tragedy.

☹️

Sootie

@YoungAtHeart 

I saw this first thing on the news this morning and thought of you immediately. Am familiar with the bridge from all of our trips to Baltimore when the kids were little. A true tragedy...

indingrl

Prayers lifted dear friend @YoungAtHeart 

Gentle hug for you too dear Nancy

RainbowHeart

Today was about four days worth of day. But I picked up and took my first dose of the antibiotic (the antibiotic cream won't be done until tomorrow). Was warned by the pharmacist to take it with food, and I take it four times a day for a week. So after I rest for a bit I'll make up a bunch of ready to eat snacks because I know myself and if I have nothing I can just grab I won't follow the directions. Luckily I'm a snacky person so I've got lots of options, just need to prep everything. Woo doggies my leg hurts. But I should be feeling better soon. I hope everybody had a good day, I heard about your bridge @YoungAtHeart , so tragic. Hopefully your community will pull together to help the people who need it 💚

Sootie

Hello everyone-

I switched internet providers and my old lap top here refused to switch. It SAID it was connected....but I could not do anything online. NO IDEA how I fixed it or IF I fixed it......but, for now, I'm back online.

I have certainly missed a lot.

@indingrl  Sincere sympathy on the loss of your dear friend

@RainbowHeart WOW-----an infection. So sorry to hear this-----and they are right about those antibiotics for skin infections....TAKE THEM WITH FOOD.....they can make you really sick to your stomach if you don't. Even a cracker or a piece of bread will do. Hope it clears quickly.

@SuzyQ411  HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope you had a big celebration! It's only a number....from the pics you sent....you're lookin good!!!

@Cousin-Itt  I offered to do our taxes when we were first married but because of all the properties.....I quickly threw in the towel and we got our taxes done by someone every year after. 

@Maki Sounds like you are busy and making the most of the kinesiologist visits.

@Giulia My dear friend....a sad anniversary for you but also a wonderful miracle to show that there is another adventure awaiting us somewhere.

@YoungAtHeart I join in the prayers of all of Baltimore in this tragedy. So sad for the lives lost. My daughter is supposed to attend a conference in Baltimore and is wondering if the location will be changed. 

I have not seen @biscuit9 in my catch up reading and I hope I did not miss anyone. I've been keeping busy.....loving the time change and the longer days. Looking forward to Easter. Take care everyone

SuzyQ411

@Sootie ~ It took me a number of days last week to get my new laptop connected to all its apps and to be up and running so I sympathize with your issues!! I am struggling with my current Yi-Fi system and it looks like I may soon be changing vendors as well. I am hopeful I will not run into the same issues you have! Thanks for the birthday wishes BTW; at 81 I hardly recognize myself, lol!

indingrl

Thank you it was a wonderful celebration of life for our friend Navy Dave

Full room of family and friends from all over

Maki

Good morning . 
I had a chuckle this morning lol . Suzy , by far no energizer bunny here . We know who the energizer bunnies are here . I’m on my rear , just want to hibernate , but that gets me no where .  Yes I am exhausted from sitting in a dental chair yesterday , just the stress and worry from it exhausted me so that’s not much of an energizer bunny lol , that’s one dead bunny lol . 
I did get a good eight hours sleep last night though , grateful . I have my second kinesiology class today . I can tell you it might kill me lol but I’m going to do it because I can tell by this ladies tough love intro that I’m going to see some result . She is going to make sure I’m moving forward and not backwards even if it hurts . She already got on one fellow whose wife was there , she went to get him the supplies , the teacher said nope , he can do it and he did .. I talked to him after and he said he liked this class , she said even she felt better doing it with us as well ( sitting back from the group ) not beside him , so that tells me  tough love can be a good thing and I’m not alone in saying I know people care even if it’s tough love . Now if one is missing  and doesn’t return , they are missing out on moving forward , stuck doing the same thing , giving up . 
So that’s my plan today and taking my sons dog for a short walk , boy she sure is doing good for her age .. no arthritis cause she’s moving , happy , cause she is moving , loving and cuddly because she knows someone cares . Have a good day all . 
Watching my tulips grow has been fun . One is opening , the second starting , the third to come soon and watching as they open and watching them move with the light has been so fun .They get encouragement every morning . Did you know that talking to your plants , giving them positivity helps plants grow strong and beautiful . Tough love for them would be starving them of their nutrients to grow and say grow you silly plants . It is my responsibility since they indoor plants and out of their natural environment to give them those nutrients . They give back to me .