cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,179 Replies
Maki

Awesome @YoungAtHeart . Its great the weather is working out for it .. we were chilly and smokey but clearing and a decent day . Pup and I walked twice one 2 mile the other a half mile . She is going home tonight maybe camping weather . It s going to be hot here reaching 80 . 

IMG_20230822_194358107.jpg

 These were so much  later blooming than I thought they would be so I will need to watch for frost . The good news is I can bring them in for winter .

Off to take a me walk now .. gee I'm going to miss the winter ones but plan on walking more this winter no matter what .. 30  min a day at least outdoors ,committed to it ! Spikes for my boots and skis for my walker if need be lol  pup too is going to have to get used to the cold this year . Next year gran plans on making snowmen with my grandson 🙂 I'll need to be fit and ready to keep up lol . 

biscuit9

I went to the grocery store today.  I could actually stop right there, cos I haven't had alot of physical activity, but excited for those of you that got out and MOVED!!!  Yes, Maki, keep moving for you and the little guy.  Little boys tend to be in motion at all times, but my youngest daughter was also in motion all the time, so stay active.  I don't like the cold either, so I'll try to get out and walk if you will.  What temps are we talking here, by the way?  

Maki

Oh , anywhere  from +5 to -35 degrees Celsius. I’ll let you do the conversion lol . We do get lots of sunny days in winter but the temperature can still be -20° C . The wind here is the big problem and can make  -10° C feel like -25° C or more . Generally by the late Oct we have snow already in the ground . 

0 Kudos
KMC56

I buy those every year, I live in Michigan,  brought them in once..and they made a mess!!  

Rethinking my plant for next year..I think the canna lilly is on my agenda.  I purchased a fushia color in early July..and love it as well!

Maki

A mess ? Hmmm everyone seems to like Sam smith I best go to u tube . 

0 Kudos
RainbowHeart

I completely forgot I have a ticket to see Sam Smith tonight 💚 I'm nervous because I haven't been downtown in a while, but I'm excited too because there's just something about live music 🎶

Not a great brain day so far, but I'm hoping switching into getting ready for a concert mode will help 👩‍🎤

Wozlik

@RainbowHeart - how wonderful! I love Sam Smith.  Something I’ve found helpful in places where there is a lot of noise - earplugs!  I can still hear the singer, but don’t use a lot of energy trying to filter out some of the noise.  Can’t wait to hear about it 

Maki

Have not heard of him @RainbowHeart  but enjoy . I have not been to a concert in years , think my last was Celine Dion . Have a great time .

RainbowHeart

He has the voice of an angel @Maki , and a very eclectic repetoire. I highly recommend "Lay Me Down" to start, if you wish ❤️

I have two pairs of earplugs in my concert bag @Wozlik , plus now I own a pair of noise-cancelling ear buds. Enough damage was done to my hearing in my 20's, I'm lucky to hear anything at all.

It's 3 hours until time-to-go and I had to remind myself of that fact to keep myself from getting ready to go RIGHT NOW. I might go early to find someplace to eat before the concert, the neighborhood around this venue is very walkable and has all kinds of fun shops to poke your nose into...but it's 95F out there right now and it's still an hour or two until the hottest part of the day so...maybe not. I'm going to take the bus/train there, and splurge on an Uber for the trip home. The Max train after 10pm just doesn't give the best feeling of safety.

I've been moving, mostly dancing. There will be some walking later, and lots more dancing. I hope everybody's having a good day ❤️