1 tablespoon olive oil

8 small chicken thighs (skin removed) about 2 pounds

3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms

1 large green swt pepper, cut into bite size strips

1/3 cup finely chopped carrot

3 minced garlic cloves

1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth

1-28ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained

1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions (I will probably leave this out...youngest hates onions)

1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed

1 teaspoon coarsely ground black peppers

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

10 pitted kalamata olives, chopped (optional)...will leave out

1/3 cup snipped fresh italian (flat leaf) parsley (optional)...will definitely use

1. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.  Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and cracked black pepper. Cook chicken in hot oil just until browned, turning once.  Remove chicken from skillet, set aside.

2. Add mushrooms, sweet pepper, carrot, and garlic to skillit; cook for 4 minutes. Add wine. SImmer, uncovered, until liquid is nearly evaporated.  Add tomatoes, onions, oregano, and the teaspoon of coarsely ground pepper; stir to combine.  Return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer about 20 mins or until chicken is done (180 degree F).  Stir in vinegar.  Sason to taste with additional salt (if u wish). If desired, sprinkle with olives and garnish with parsley before serving.

Makes 4 servings

I let you know how it goes over here : )

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I just found this recipe. Not bad compared to a donut or something At least this only makes 1 and you cant be tempted anymore not to get into the rest.

Coffee Cake for One!

Recipe can be found here: CCK Single-Serving Recipes

For the batter:

• 3 tbsp spelt flour (or white. For gf: a commenter had success with 1 tbsp rice flour and 2 tbsp almond flour.)
  •   
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  •   
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  •   
  • 1 stevia packet (or 1/32 tsp pure) or 1 tbsp sugar
  •   
  • 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp water
  •   
  • 2 tsp oil or melted margarine or applesauce (I prefer the oil/margarine, but that’s simply because I’m not a fan of fat-free baked goods.)
  •   
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

For the streusel: (If you like a lot of streusel, feel free to double all ingredients below.)

• 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  •   
  • 1 and 1/4 tsp sucanat or brown sugar
  •   
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp oil or melted margarine (once again, use applesauce if a fat-free version is desired)
  •   
  • tiny, tiny pinch salt
  •   
  • 2 pecan halves (or walnut halves)

(If using an oven, preheat to 330 F.) Combine batter dry ingredients and mix well. Add wet and mix until just mixed. In a tiny bowl, combine all streusel ingredients. Fill a greased muffin tin 1/2 way with the batter (or a ramekin or mug, if using the microwave). Sprinkle on two-thirds of the streusel, then spoon the remaining batter on top. Finally, sprinkle on the rest of the streusel. Cook 12-13 minutes in the oven, or around 1 minute in the microwave. (Microwave times may vary.)

• Calories: 130
  •    
  • Fat: 2 g
  •    
  • Carbs: 25 g
  •    
  • Protein: 4.5 g
  •    
  • Fiber: 4 g
  •    
  • ww points (new system): 3 points
  •   

The nutritional info above includes both the streusel and cake ingredients. (In comparison: the single-serving cakes from Pinterest have around 720 calories and 30 grams of fat per serving.) If using the oil version, add 85 calories and 10 grams fat, which will make the recipe 6 ww points.

0 Kudos