Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight

i have times i can not stop eating. HELP
0 Kudos
1,708 Replies
nicole

Welcome, AMI
0 Kudos
nicole

Danielle, I think the main problem i have is (i wasnt overweight until getting tubes tied) that i drank a lot of coke...empty calories like sandra says.... I have switched to coke zero. I am also trying to replace some of it with water....i cant give up my coke zero yet......its my last love lol. I also only eat 1 meal a day and snack (bad things) thruout the day. When i go to bed i have a buffet up there lol...wheat thins.... celery...carrots.....pie....whatever. i also dont work so im not burning a lot of calaries hanging out cleaning house. So im gonna try to stick to this for a few weeks and see if i can see a result.

Sandra does an excerise bike bother you?
0 Kudos
debbie53

You know, weight gain was always my excuse for going back to smoking in previous quits! Only when I made up my mind that the weight would not be my enemy this go around was I able to quit for good AND I only gained about 10 pounds. I still contribute that 10 pounds to menopause and not the quitting! I think a lot of us here are dealing with the same issue.
0 Kudos
Sandra3

Actually I told hubby the other day with money saved from my smoking I was thinking about buying a bike for this spring! I think I might like just riding around the neighborhood each day (WHEN ITS WARM) and something would be better than nothing right?
0 Kudos
ami

You know, as for my eating. It has really started slowing down. I still eat more frequently than I did b4 I quit but I am not eating as much. One of my girlfriends likes to walk and I asked her if I walk with her this summer. I am excited....I'm a non-smoker and I am going to be a non-smoker in shape!!!!! Wooohooo!!!!
0 Kudos
nicole

I know that feeling of being a non smoker and IN SHAPE is soooo awesome...just how do i get there ....lol .... sandra anything is better than nothing i would think.
0 Kudos
janique

I can relate to Sandra with health issues. I have some of the same ones that she has metioned and then some. to much to really even list now. I quit drinking sodas when i quit smoking because it was a trigger. Then about 2 months or so ago I started again, but tried to limit them. Now I have cut them out again and I drink water, sometimes I add crystal light packs to it. I am limited to my exercising to because of my health problems. I have been reaserching stuff for me to try out slowly and safely. Pilates, some stretching stuff. I use to be obssesed with exercise,and I would starve myself to loose weight aswell when I was a teen, so I know that I did alot of this to myself. Smoking also kept me from eating but I still gained weight. It wasn't until I started reading about how to quit smoking without gaining weight. I was going to start an aerobics dance class at my kids school but started having some more health issues so had to postpone them until Dr.says ok. I can do some stretches and pilates for now and some light weights. changing the eating habits helps to more salads!
0 Kudos
Sandra3

Ok NEW DAY! Good Morning all, I hope this day continues to be a positive one, it is starting out that way. I hope all of you have a great day as well!
0 Kudos
ami

Good Morning! R u all awake yet???
0 Kudos
michele2

OK since some one else posted their weight I will too (GRRRRRRR!!!!!) Now I am going by my scale and not the Wii fit because the Wii fit said I gained 4lbs after I had been working out for 40 minutes every day for 7 days! So I am at 202!!!! That is the heaviest I HAVE EVER BEEN and I HATE it!!! I am ready to do this! Today I had a bowl of special K and I am going to have that for lunch to and then watch what I eat for dinner (And I don't just mean watch all the fattening food as it goes into my mouth LOL) Now that is warming up, I want to walk to pick my kids up from school...we live about 5-6 blocks away. I blame my weight on 5 kids within 7 years, and since THERE HAD BETTER NOT BE NO MORE BABIES, It's time. I have noticed like Ami, I don't have the urge to eat around the clock now that I have quit.
0 Kudos