cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising and Health

I am walking every day as long as there is no rain. 30 minutes a day. I probably wasted that much time smoking in the past. Yesterday I rewarded myself with a Wii and a Wii fit so now I can do a work out at home. Especially when I can't get out and walk, winter is coming. Although I will enjoy the walks in the cool weather. Once I get a new job, it may be too dark by the time I get home.
  208 smoke free days!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1,337 Replies
Carenda

Hello, I have a quit date, June 6. I am going to need to incorporate exercise. I have heard the scary stories of weight gain. I have an exercise bike, treadmill, and Tony Little's gizelle. But guess what? I am lazy and have not been on anything. Guess that needs to change in June. I am happy to have the support of this group and I am open to any suggestions.
0 Kudos

Feel better!!

0 Kudos
karen6

Hey Carenda, How's it going? Did you stick with June 6? A little at a time is how it's done. You can do it!
0 Kudos
Carenda

I did stick to my quit date. The first day was weird and crazy. Feeling were an emotional roller coater. The second day not as bad. However, I think that the patch of steady nicotine may have caused my irritablilty. Cold Turkey may be the way for me. I am re-thinking things. Maybe I rushed into this and did not prepare the way I should have. I now have time to think and re-evaluate what I should have done.
0 Kudos
buh-bye

Hello from your newest member! I am 54, an EX for 29 days today! I am also diabetic and have just started a dairy-free and grain-free diet and exercise program. Just got home from a 2 mile walk - this is the first one since my shoulder surgery on May 27th. It feels so good to be up and moving again. Hope I pick-up a lot more good habits from being in this group! Thanks!
0 Kudos
spunkie

Hi everyone new to the group quit date was 5-25-09 doing great hard at times but just saying no using Chantix for my quit have gained 8 lbs so I joined this group I have started walking this week 30 mins a day and stopped eating so many grapes I thought they would be good for me then I noticed I was eating lots like many many cup fulls I checked and saw 140 caliories per cup WOW I am slowing down on grapes. I had smoked for 45 plus years I am already over weight by about 40 lbs so I can't gain I need to lose that is why I joined your group hope to learn alot and meet new friends with good advice.
0 Kudos
spunkie

WOW THIS group is not active I am eating green peppers, carrots,all the things I hate but they will not put weight on me and I can munch away what do you guys think? come on someone let me know how they are keeping the weight off while quiting this is day 29 for me big party tomorrow for 1 month feels great.
0 Kudos
karen6

We're all too busy working out to post! LOL, not. I did just go for an awesome bike ride and healthy grocery shop at the nicest "open market" store in my neighborhood. I'll be heading over to the gym soon. I'm on Day Nine, and I may have gained a couple of pounds, but I'm too active to really go up too much. Yay for one month! I'm struggling with week two, but getting more and more settled in. I like raw veggies, but even when I overeat other stuff I keep moving, and now that I can breathe it's even easier to work out.
0 Kudos
lenna

Its summer up here in the Great White North (lol) Finally...I'm outside every minute I can Walking Walking Walking...as a famous philosopher said...
  "Above all, do not lose your desire to walk: every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness; I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one can not walk away from it..."
0 Kudos
angeleyes

Carenda I have a Gazell too ! I have been away for a while but I am back and we all can do this ! lets all work together
0 Kudos