cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising and Health

I am walking every day as long as there is no rain. 30 minutes a day. I probably wasted that much time smoking in the past. Yesterday I rewarded myself with a Wii and a Wii fit so now I can do a work out at home. Especially when I can't get out and walk, winter is coming. Although I will enjoy the walks in the cool weather. Once I get a new job, it may be too dark by the time I get home.
  208 smoke free days!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1,337 Replies
jmaddox1815

Hi everyone,

My quit date isn't for nearly a month, but I'm already nervous about it. This is my fourth attempt to quit, and the reason I always go back is because it feels like my entire thought process slows down and my creativity dies. I'm a writer and that sort reaction could kill what few freelance jobs I manage to grab. I don't know how to combat that, but I have a toddler and my husband and I are thinking about having another child, so I have to quit. I also just started changing my diet and exercising everyday, which adds to the stress of even thinking about quitting, since, so far, cigarettes have helped combat the junk food cravings. I'm hoping that I won't crave the junk as much by the time I quit smoking, but the possibility that I'll have nothing but nicotine gum and my treadmill to keep me from smoking or binging on brownies is truly terrifying.

Do any of y'all feel this way? How did you work past it? I'm desperate and I need help, because I'm tired of being out of breath when I play with my kid. I just don't want to lose my career in order to be able to play tag.

0 Kudos
blacksheep88

I rode my bike for about an hour and a half yesterday. At one point I was riding my bike up this hill and I was so out of breath I had to get off and walk my bike. I felt terrible. It reminded me of why I was quiting and why it is so important. I need to regain control of my life and be strong enough to face challenges head on. All smoking is going to do is cripple me. I don't need another obstacle in my life.

0 Kudos
lizrizzo

Got out and took my new puppy for a long walk or should I say he walked me! Trying to stay active

0 Kudos
kitkat17

I went to a music event . Took a walk in the park. I will be starting dance lessons

on Thursday . It is called ItsThursday lets dance. I will try to be  active a liitle

more if the weather permitted. Get my thoughts off from smoking and rememember

my triggers.

0 Kudos
rhendrix

Hello everyone I am new to this but I plan to stick it out and kick the habit along with getting fit. I have 3 kids and its hard to even be able to go outside and play with them I lose my breath so easily it's ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
lumadanea

My quite date is Feb 1st 2016 anyone still active here

0 Kudos
indingrl

MAY 2016 TEN POUND WEIGHT LOSS FOR ME ♥YAHHHOOOO IN CHRIST JESUS NAME AMEN AND AMEN NOT USING NICOTINE TO CELEBRATE♥NOT ONE PUFF OVER ME OR WEIGHT LOSS EITHER IN CHRIST JESUS NAME AMEN♥

0 Kudos
hms

This is my first day joining EXs.I really want to quit smoking this time.I hope the tools and support i can get on this site will help. My quit day is Aug.22, 2016 

0 Kudos