cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn about special events for community members to come together, learn, and socialize

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

EX Café 2024 Schedule: A Social Space for Your Quit Journey

EX Café 2024 Schedule.png

Hello EX Community and Knights of N.O.P.E! Quitting tobacco is a challenge, but it's easier with friends. Our EX Café isn't just a support call, it's a social gathering where you can connect and relax with others on the same journey.

EX Café Highlights:

The EX Café is our monthly Zoom meetup focused on camaraderie and shared experiences. While expert facilitators from the Mayo Clinic's Nicotine Dependence Center are available for advice, the spotlight is on you and your peers to chat, share stories, and support each other.

Session Times & How to Join:

We meet on the third Wednesday of each month in two sessions:

Choose a session, register with your community email, and join us for a great time. Once you've added the event to your calendar, you'll have the entire series with reminders for the entire year.

Why Join the EX Café?

It's a place to unwind, laugh, and find friends who get what you're going through. Share your journey, listen to others, and maybe pick up some tips along the way.

Questions about signing up or Zoom? Ask below. Here's a quick tutorial:

If you've been to an EX Café, we'd love to hear about it in the comments!

*Note: Details may change. Always check the latest information. We'll do our best to get the word out in advance of each session via popups and forum reminders. If you're having trouble logging in or need the Zoom link, please message us at @CommunityAdmin 

EX Community Admin Team
26 Replies
SuzyQ411

@CommunityAdmin 

I am so happy the noon sessions will be continued as this time works very well for me. However, Mr. Flurry and I don't get up and running by 8AM so I will never plan on making the firstt session, lol. Cya in January!

SuzyQ411

@CommunityAdmin  THANKS for the new banners and the above-post reminders on the upcoming EX cafe opportunities!! Hoping it will increase participation. I have signed up for the noon sessions and have already received my e-maail confirmations and link access !!

CAFE. Coffee cups.jpg

❤️ 

Maki

Hope too this helps ya all with attendance .. I really like the one and noticed the banner on top of this main page . The pop up darn I did the same as I do with the others , skip past them being I quit long ago , but I’m sure newcomers will see those as well . I do really like the banner especially . It’s  soft , a nice reminder daily . My sincere best wishes to you guys for a fun and informative gathering . 

Giulia

Nice banner!  Attention getting.   Zoom video "quick tutorial?"  Uh.... that's seems pretty complicated for a newcomer to figure out zoom.  MOO (my opinion only.)  It adds a whole bunch of elements not necessary to just join a meeting.  I would suggest a simpler step-by-step instruction.  Especially for older brains like mine.  Like the zoom instruction link itself which is only 3 1/2 minutes long:  Joining a Zoom meeting - Zoom Support   Anyway, the more banners and the more info the better!

"Knights of N.O.P.E! "  Love the term.  Rescuing the Damsels of Delusion, wearing the Colors of Consistency, sitting around the Round Table of Truth, in the armour of perseverance... the images keep coming.

Hope you get many subscribers

Judylynn44

judylynn44 its hard i wont lie but doable

Giulia

@Judylynn44  So are you starting again or have you been quit since 6/28/22 (which your quit date indicates?)  I ask because I saw your pledge  on the Pledge Page today.  The Cafe would be a good place to talk about that perhaps.  Either as a long-term quitter or a re-starter.  The passing on of the journey's experience is always valuable to all.  Especially the pitfalls.  You hang in there!  It's definitely doable and worth the effort!

zipzap500

Is this an online thing?

Maki

@CommunityAdmin  @SuzyQ411 , Can you assist Zipzap with more info . 

SuzyQ411

Yes @zipzap500 - it is via Zoom online. It is very easy to access. If you sign up on the link for registration near the top of this post, you will receive a direct aceses link via email. Then on the date and time of the gathering you just click on the access link in that email and it will take you directly to the zoom connection. If you have never been on Zoom before, there is also a  brief turorial near the top of this email. If you still have questions and / or issues, send a post or private message to @CommunityAdmin . Good luck! I'm signed up for the noon session... perhaps I will see you there???

0 Kudos