cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarahP

EX Weekend in Orlando, February 2014

Here's the hotel we're considering, please check it out and let me know if you have any feedback! 

http://www.internationalpalmsorlando.com/default-en.html

Their prices in February depend on the room package you choose; range appears to be $59 to $99. Free internet, airport shuttle service, a gorgeous pool area! 

I want to talk to them about that weekend, make sure there are no conventions or anything going on that might spoil our fun. We'll let everyone know when/if this hotel becomes our "official" hotel! 

Sarah

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
80 Replies
smorgy8513

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!!     1 MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!!   SO EXCITED, NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS LOSE 30 LBS!     I don't care if I have to wear sweat pants cut off at the knees....I'll be there!

Sharon

0 Kudos
Michwoman

I was googling activities in Orlando - no lack of things to see and do!  I know I don't have time to lose weight but OH WELL!!  I don't own a swimsuit and don't forsee being able to buy one at this time. No matter!!

Does anyone have any plans made yet for activities?? I'm open for just about anything!  I have a hot air baloon ride on my bucket list - any takers??

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Laura, I was wondering the same thing....ideas for things to do.    I just looked at availability for zip line in Orlando....that is on my bucket list but I'm scared of heights.    I MAY consider the hot air balloon!

Do others have ideas?

Sharon

0 Kudos
SarahP

Yay, my husband's time off finally got approved, so he will be coming with me!  I just booked our flights -- we land at 4pm Friday, and leave Sunday afternoon! 

I would be curious about a hot air balloon ride... 

0 Kudos
Stac2

Ok, I am getting REALLY excited now that we are less than 30 days away from being together! 

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orlando here we come!

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Laura, did you check on prices and availability for hot air balloon ride?     There is a zip line company close to where we will be, they have a couple of different opions for tours.  Like a 1.5 hour tour or a 3 hour tour.    Didn't see anything about just a ride.      $95 for th 1.5 hour.     I'm kinda, sorta worried I wouldn't be able to take that first step off.      Oh, well.....I'm open to what others want to do.

Sharon

0 Kudos
Michwoman

Sharon..I did a "little" bit of checking...been busy dealing with my 84-year-old Uncle..stroke.. dementia..nursing home... etc. ... If you have time to research it.. I am READY!!!

0 Kudos
Dakota_Posse

HEEEEE HAWWWWW...can't wait to see everyone!  I'm game for everything...zipline, hot air balloon ride....laying at the pool.  I've already did the Disney world thing several times so no theme parks for me!

My flight in on Fridya and Sarah's is only 30 minutes apart, so I'm going to wait at the airport for Sarah and hubby Tom to get in and we'll share a cab to the motel.  Then I'll have to "catch up" with Rickie and his crew!!! LOL!   My sweetie can't make it ...they can't fly him home until Sunday so I'll be going "stag".....Can't wait to see everyone:)!

Cindy/Dakota Posse

0 Kudos
SarahP

Our dinner reservation is confirmed for 7pm Saturday, at Margaritaville in CityWalk (connected to Universal Studios). We may have to wait a few minutes for them to assemble tables, it's "priority seating" as opposed to a true reservation.

The only way to get a truly guaranteed reservation was to book a party room with a fixed menu at an OUTRAGEOUS price... I made the "executive decision" that we'd prefer to keep things simple (and cheap). 

23 days!  I can't wait!  

I'll have an updated contact list for everyone shortly. We're up to 13 Ex'ers and some supporting family members.

0 Kudos
Michwoman

I'm in on dinner Saturday nite 🙂 Here's a thought - Much of what there is to do around Orlando requires advance planning. If you're like me, too much planning can be stressful, but last minute plans can be hard to pull off. Input???

I get there Thursday evening - someone who will be there please send me your cell phone number!!!!  michwoman@aol.com. I don't want to miss a single minute!!!!

0 Kudos