Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important announcement - things you need to do before March 14

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager
2 25 681

Our move to a new community platform is next week! I shared a LOT of details about what to expect in my first post on March 3. Please read that if you haven’t seen it yet, or refer back to it.

This post is focused on what you need to do before March 14.

1. Save your Bookmarks

Bookmarks cannot be moved to the new community platform. To save your bookmarks, follow these steps:

• Visit the EX Community on a computer before March 14
  • Click your Circle Avatar image in the upper right of the community
  • Click View Profile in the dropdown
  • Click More between Content and Actions
  • Click Bookmarks

1. Save a list of People You Follow

The list of People You Follow (Following) who do not also Follow You (Followers) cannot be moved to the new community platform. Here’s what you need to do if you want to have your list in the new community platform:

• Visit the community on a computer .
  • Click your Circle Avatar image in the upper right of the community
  • Click View Profile in the dropdown
  • Click More between Content and Actions.
  • Click People
  • Save each person you wish to retain from the Following tab.
    • Bookmark
    • Copy and paste users to a file
      • Copy and Paste each username individually to a Google Document, Excel Spreadsheet or WordPad document on your computer

1. Join us in some deep breathing! 

Some people love change… other people hate it. We’re working hard to make it easy for everyone to hit the ground running on the new EX Community platform. In general, things should feel simpler and easier. We’ll have short instructions to help you get the lay of the land. And, we’ll have a Community Help area where you can ask questions about the new platform.

In the meantime, I invite you to join me and my team in a quick deep breathing practice. This has helped us all stay grounded and focused!

• Inhale through your nose for 5
  • Hold for 5
  • Exhale through your mouth for 5 

Interested in providing feedback after the move? Join the EX Community Advisory Board today. 

Until then, we’ll do our best to respond to everyone below in the comments. As you can imagine, there is a LOT happening behind the scenes, so please be understanding if my response is delayed!

My next post will be March 13.

As always, thanks for your support and patience. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

25 Comments
About the Author
This account is run by a team of EX Community Administrators. It's an honor and a privilege to help the members of this community each and every day. We love the mix of people here getting support and giving it to others. You're all something to someone. We are inspired by the many, many amazing people who come here to help others.