cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/21/2023: Rendering, Kindergarten, Clean out your Medicine Cabinet, Chocolate Covered Cashews Day

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 1 67

53856iF63C4A3BE7A6EBB8

Photo by Sigmund

Rendering:
Yes, I also wondered what it meant as well. To summarize, as American's we see 50% of an animal as being inedible. Rendering can utilize this food waste to produce other products to reduce or eliminating food waste. Rendering reclaims otherwise wasted materials. Check out NARA to learn more. Share below if you were aware of Rendering before today or if you have rendered in the past unknowingly. If you're busy rendering, you're hopefully not using tobacco products.

Kindergarten:
Hopefully everyone has a fond memory of Kindergarten. From German roots this term was coined in 1837 by Friedrich Wilhelm August Frobel and it literally means garden for the children. It served as a transition period from home to school by emphasizing play and experience.  Share below how you work to incorporate tobacco-free play and experience into your day. Sharing moments with children are encouraged.

Clean out your Medicine Cabinet:
Everyone has some old medicine in their closet or medicine cabinet that is old and they don't need anymore. Resist the temptation to flush it or wash it down the drain.  Your local pharmacy probably has a secure drop box. If they don't ask your pharmacist or visit DisposeRx, Inc. - Medication Disposal - DisposeRx, Inc. where you can safely take it to properly dispose of it. Share in the comments if you've done this recently and where you went to dispose of them. And don't forget to remind a friend to do the same.

Chocolate Covered Cashews
Cashews in themselves are delicious. I definitely need to make a point to see where I can find some in the near future. Share in the comments if you're a cashews fan and if milk or dark chocolate is better. Cashews undoubtedly taste better being tobacco-free.

1 Comment
About the Author
This account is run by a team of EX Community Administrators. It's an honor and a privilege to help the members of this community each and every day. We love the mix of people here getting support and giving it to others. You're all something to someone. We are inspired by the many, many amazing people who come here to help others.