cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moments

moments's Status Update on 08/31/2012

Lonita
Wow...didn't realize it has been that long....(and in new quitter time 20 days is LONG!!!!!)....since I have been in here! So good to hear from you and it sounds as if things are moving rather calmly and for that I am glad!!! I so miss the days of school activities and not only my own kids but I was in education for 25 years! (18 belementary and last six in high school) Enjoy it all even when ya feel like pulling hair out cuz the days will be behind you in a blink of an eye!!! Just want to share that a friend of mine is getting me directed to low carb eating in an attempt to loose the weight I gained during the quit...let's say bout 40 lbs since I "retired" 3 years ago. Okay, so I can do this and I'm beginning to connect all the dots....I can do this! Gosh, why does that sound familiar!!! Anyhow, couple days go by and I'm doing really good watching the carbs and than whammmmmmm..........a crave, an urge slams me!!!!! I call my friend who quit about 8 months before me and scream HELP!!!!!! She laughs and says it is not nicotine you are craving...it is carbs!!!! Eat a mozz chz stick or other protien and off it will go and just like that, lickety split it did!!! Now the reason for this story is to say that I may not have been fighting to keep my quit with what I thought was craves for smoking but rather I was stuffing carbs in and growing larger to satisfy the carb cravings.....what an awesome thought!!! It so brought me calm and if true or not, I am now changing back to my good ways of eating and gonna beat the carb monster too!! It has been a week and I have lost that wooshy feeling...the one like when it was way past time for a smoke...and it probably was blood sugar dropping. I have somewhat a bit more of a different kind of energy and I have seen about 2.5 lbs stay off my scale. It will take time and I am learning a lot and I will do this too!!!! When I say you will see less of me, body size not frequency is what I mean! haha!! Rearranging my craft room so I can begin that phase of my life again.....crammed in time when I worked and now I am accepting that it's okay to do it as long and whenever I want. Crazy that I am not even thinking about a "break" these days and I am loving it....loving the days pass and the only thoughts of smoking are conversations online. We have done such a great job with our quits and I know my heart is happy and my body is giving me back some of what I gave up to smoke....thank-you body for having faith in me! Hurray for us!!! Blessings and Happiness to you!!!
0 Kudos
0 Replies