cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheNewMe_Jo

TheNewMe_Jo's Status Update on 07/05/2012

terrimw
Your quit is what you make it. It can be a nightmare and hell if you let it. Or you can embrace it and know you are winning this fight over your addiction. Its being positive, and focused on YOU. Just gotta keep saying NO. When you hit a rought spot, blog HELP and someone will be there to talk you through it. My first few days were very rought. Man I swear I could feel the nicotine leaving my body, but I focused on the fact that I wanted to be a NON smoker. Like you said, write down a list of pros and cons. You know yourself better than anyone else. You go for a drive instead of smoking. You drink some juice, turn on some music LOUD, cry, scream, whatever emotions come, go with it and get past the craving. Only think about today, this 1 moment and what you can do to stay busy and not smoke. Watch videos on you tube, make friends here and chat all day long. I stayed on this site almost 24/7 for 8 months straight, I needed these people with me all the time, and Im positive that played a huge role in my success. I remember being right where you are. The hardest part is letting go... why don't you set a quit date for a week from now. Make plans for that first day to be out of the house, be with a friend, go to a movie, go to the mall and walk around. We all did it differently, how you do it, its up to you. But I promise you are going to LOVE not smoking. I smoked for 30+ years 2-3 packs a day.. I never in a million years thought I could or would quit. I still cant beleive I have. ME? I was a HUGE addict. its all I wanted to do... til I just made the big leap into freedom. I really hope you find answers to all your questions and see you can do this... its gonna change your life... I love not smoking now 🙂 joann
0 Kudos
0 Replies