cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lace6

Lace6's Status Update on 05/28/2012

Lace6
Hi Everybody I am Lace and I quit smoking cold turkey on April 9, 2012. The first ten days were like being on a Bollywood movie set. That is the only way I can describe the vivid colors, dreams, and strange sense of awareness. I was in a totally different place. I think I had some form of the flu, could have been what they call “nicotine flu or quitter’s flu”. In retrospect I now see what led up to it. I had begun to notice my smoking habits by doing things like; counting how many butts were in the ash trays, noticing how my chest and throat were feeling, and how much I was spending on killing myself prematurely. I think there has to be a joining of our physical and mental states, in order to make a commitment to stop smoking. I am now at day 50 of being nicotine free and it really feels good. I ran into so many good resources on the internet. From the “no butts” people, whose counselors phoned me periodically to check on my progress, to the folks here at Ex who offered down to earth advice. One thing for sure my friends I would advise you to learn what addiction really is and how it involves the body via the brain. Good luck to all and keep checking on me and I will do the same for you. There is a lot more I could say about what I have learned.
0 Kudos
0 Replies