cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xsmoke

Is it Mental or Physical addiction?!

Hello,

I'm relatively new to this forum and this site.  i really hope it works.  Im a student.  I've been smoking for about a year and a half.  During this period of time, I've tried to quit for 2 or 3 times... of those times, longest I've gone smoke free has been 3 or 4 months!  End of the summer/beginning of this recent semester (fall season), I've gone back to those cancer sticks?! a RELAPSE! since I started smoking again, i've been having a bout 10 to 15 cigarettes a day.  

Now, for the past 3 weeks, I've been attempting to quit again.  CUt down a lot.  LIke on an every other day basis, had one or 2 a day (every other day).  This is mainly due to getting back with my girlfriend... she helps me keep my mind off of cigarettes.  This was the case also when the longest i've been smoke free (3 or 4 months) a while back ago.  

Anyways, during this semester (when school started fall season), I've created a pattern/routine-- wake up, get ready to go to the library, before I enter the library, I have a cigarette then hit the books.  Its actually funny, I'm studying to become a doctor, and I will need to endure stressful situations, stressful exams, without cigarettes.  but for now, I can't seem to focus without cigarette in the morning?! 

What should i DO?

As I haven't been smoking for a long time, i don't think its the nicotine addiction... nicotine craving as much as my mental addiction.  the whole holding the cigarette, smoking, inhaling/exhaling... the whole nine yards mentally addicting about cigarettes.  

any advice/suggestions will be helpful! thanks 

0 Kudos
0 Replies