cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Giulia's Status Update on 08/09/2013

Dixie_Quit_8-7-13
Hey Dixie. I saw your question on Dragon's blog - how long, how much time before the cravings end? That's totally individual and depends really upon where you place your thoughts. My husband quit cold turkey and suffered not at all. What will help is to close the option door on the possibility of smoking. Think of it this way: if you were on a desert island and simply couldn't get your hands on a cigarette ever again, you wouldn't be nearly as tormented. It's because you see it as a temptation out there that you're suffering so. Let go of the "wish I could" mindset and replace it with, "I don't do that any more." "Cigarettes no longer exist for me." When that thought really settles into your being, cravings disappear. Re: smoker's cough. I never had one when I quit. Don't worry about that. And BTW if you post on your own board, no one will see it unless they just happen by. Stick what you wrote below up in a blog. That way you'll get responses. If you need help with putting up a blog, let me know (click on my G leave a message on my board). Keep on it.
0 Kudos
0 Replies