cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

BIBLE STUDY FOR A NICOTINE-FREE LIFE

bible study group. holding hads in prayer.jpg

GOD'S HELP IN QUITTING NICOTINE

In August, 2023, members of the Fith and Sprituality Group expressed interest in having access to a Bible study series to assist in quitting nicotine. One of our members will soon be starting this study. I am hopeful others will follow behind. And, I'm tossing out the idea that perhaps those who do choose to participte in this free study will share comments and insights on this thread with others who are also participating.  Just in case, I'm starting this new thread which is specific to this study.

BIBLE STUDY FOR A NICOTINE-FREE LIFE 

27 Replies
BethS514

I'm brand new here and just exploring the forum as I prepare for my intended quite date of Feb 26, 2024. Is this Bible study for quitting nicotine still on the table? If so, I'd love to be a part of it! I quit smoking cigarettes in 2012, but I still vape and I am ready to be free of nicotine ONCE AND FOR ALL! 

Maki

Hi @BethS514 , welcome to F and S . I’m going to at mention @SuzyQ411 for you and @biscuit9 to give you further information in regard to this . 

0 Kudos

Thank you @Maki! I'm just learning all the ins and outs of the forum. I appreciate the help! ☺ 

0 Kudos
Maki

http://www.freebiblestudyguides.org/bible-answers/a-healthful-smoke-free-life.htm

@BethS514 , I’m not sure you saw this introduction to a Bible study , so posting the link again at the beginning of this post . Would you be interested in an on going interactive Bible study specifically geared to quitting smoking here in the community as well ? 

SuzyQ411

Hi @BethS514 ~Congratulations on choosing a quit date to stop vaping! Looking forward to supporting  and encouraging you along your journey! I am happy to see you are interested in a Bible study. No o ne ended up using the study to my knowledge but it could be done as an independent study with journaling. At this point in time I am not able to commit to leading or joining in with such a study but perhaps you might be able to garnish interest from others in the group to join with you? If so, I am more than willing to try and stir up interest as well if you would care for me to do so? Hope you take time to at least look over the framework of the study posted above and see what you think... Just let me know, if I can help, ok?  ❤️ 

@BethS514 @Maki   Great idea and  even though I am over a year quit, I would be willing to "join" in on the study, whatever that would look like.  I know Suzy put this up for a reason and if this helps someone quit, that's what we are about.  I will take a look at the link. 

SuzyQ411

@BethS514  @Maki  @biscuit9 ~ Curious as to how this all turned out... did you guys end up joining together for  Bible Study? ❤️ 

0 Kudos
Maki

I’ve kinda been working on a study of my own @SuzyQ411 from several books that I have . I will bring some of what I’ve been looking into and learning and put in my journal and add to it as Jesus leads me to ( once the new site is revamped ) Hopefully it will help others as it has helped me . It’s been exciting . 

@SuzyQ411  Suzy, I have not done one more thing with this.  @BethS514 I think this would be wonderful to do though, and I'm willing to join her in this.  I did check out the link that was up, but didn't look into it closely.  Sounds like @Maki  has some ideas, which I find exciting.  I am happy to do this with someone else OR just have the link up so people can do it alone?  I don't know the good answer Suzy.  I am willing to help or have ongoing discussion about smoking cessation Bible study.  Just need people.

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

Great to hear of your independent study @Maki and I look forward to your posting in the ongoing journal-like thread that will become our major form of connecting on the F&S site ❤️  Hope it won't take too much longer to get this up and running (the delay rests in my lap, BTW.)

0 Kudos